Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
18 days to the Capital GTG Tooling Along Still five sites available hmm Don't be left behind Red Face Reserve your spot now Computer

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Today's DC-GTG Tid-Bit:

For any former Anchor-Clankers who may be attending the GTG, you ought to make time to visit the museum & other exhibits at the Washington Navy Yard. Oldest shore establishment in the U.S. Navy (1799), it's on the Anacostia River, right in the middle of town - Get on the Metrorail in College Park and it's a one-train, straight shot to the Navy Yard! FMI:

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq52-1.htm

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17 days....and the clock is ticking wack Did you make your plans to attend?

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Just to illustrate how serious some members are taking this GTG and the different activities planned, I wanted to share with you how dedicated some members have been. The dedication and sacrifice that some of us have gone to to ensure there is no bad wine served at the wine tasting has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Rusty, Donna, and I have consumed the pictured bottles of Georgia wines. Our task was simply to make sure none of you had to endure an unacceptable wine. Testing will continue until departure for DC on October 6.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I would say that is "Dedication" at its highest. cheers

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Our duty as we saw it... ROTFLMAO

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Today's DC-GTG Tid-Bit:

Monday, October 12th is Columbus Day. While that may not mean much to us, it is a federal holiday.
That means no DC commuter traffic that day! Thumbs Up

Most sight-seeing facilities will be open, but a few might be closed or have reduced service. It's a good day to plan your downtown travel, or a good day to boogie outta town Tooling Along

Might want to keep Columbus day in mind when making your DC-GTG plans!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Dedication to the extreem. Looks like Captain Doom has run aground.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'd say the photographer wasn't in much better shape! Big Grin

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
danny do you think he had his glasses off or was just blind or out of focus?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sadly, the photog was totally sober. Cool

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
How can the zonked one attest to the sobriety of the photog?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judy has O,,, Judy and I have decided to take the buss tour on Tuesday oct 13th since you can get on and off. She hasn't seen Washington in many decades.Is there a bus that goes to Union Station? FORM THE CAMPGROUND
Thanks
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that we could not have gone to this get together.I if it was not for the help everybody gave me to get the coach in condition.I would have had to pay to have the work done, and at $132.00 an hour we would not have had the time to save enough cash to go THANKS. It is an adventure.What a great site.
LENNY
PS I HATE RED WIRES.

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

posted Hide Post
We are quickly approaching the TWO WEEK COUNT DOWN for the GREAT D.C. BARTHMOBILE GTG!!! Big Grin Are we getting excited yet??? ROTFLMAO
Any last minute takers of the open five sites??? hmm
As Lee said long ago as we started this idea....
WE'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR 'YA

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen