Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
We're pulling for ya Mary! Thumbs Up

Click If ya have CoachNet, tell'em the closest qualified Barth Service Center is in College Park MD.....They gotta tow ya to nearest qualified place!

FWIW: Barth Central (tents, tables, grills, firewood etc. will show up at CH mid-morning Wednesday.

PS: Are you on-site folks using Cherry Hill's WiFi at Barth Blvd?

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lenny and Judy, Nick and Donna, and I are at the KOA Fayetteville, NC. Expect to arrive around 3-3:30 PM.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Using Cherry Hills Badlands Blvd aka Barth Blvd wifi. Just spent an hour talking to Ray, he & Ann took a tour of DC & it wiped her out. Met Cheri & we are parked next to MWrench but haven't seen hide nor hair yet. Been here since 2ish. Can't wait to see everyone. We'll leave the light on for ya!
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Lee,
Any particular reason your directions from the north take you down Rt. 95 to the Bethesda/Silver Spring exit rather than getting off at exit 29B/Powder Mill Rd to get to the campground? That is what mapquest and the campground directions say to do and it looks to be a little bit less confusing.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
Any particular reason your directions from the north take you down Rt. 95 to the Bethesda/Silver Spring exit rather than getting off at exit 29B/Powder Mill Rd to get to the campground?
Also, I'm assuming there is no restrictions on going into the tunnel or should I avoid that? Just stay on I-95 until 29b?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Bruce: Powder Mill Rd/Cherry Hill Rd has been going thru major rehab & realignment for past two years...it may or may not be good alternative. I have avoided area, so I can't give most recent update. I only know that I-95 to beltway route works.

Bill: Can't advise on tunnel, although I seem to recall some propane restriction signs. I always pick up 695 on the NE side of Baltimore, over the F.S. Key Bridge and around to I-95 south......Adds a couple miles and usually
subtracts a couple minutes vs. through town.......

Wind advisory for MD today.....gusting to 50 kts........Hold her steady....... Tooling Along

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
Bruce not sure when you were leaving for DC so you might not get this but Corey and I can in via 95 and took the 29B exit and came in via Powder Mill Rd and turned left onto Cherry Hill Road. We did not encounter any difficulty.
Safe travels
Cheri

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee,
Thanks for the information.
Cheri,
Thanks for the update. As it seems to be easier to take exit 29B and go that route, that will be my choice also. I am not leaving until tomorrw night and will be traveling that area after 8:00pm so it shouldn't be bad.
Bill,
I hope no DOT worker is reading this...I have driven thru the tunnel in Baltimore to save time. There is a restriction in regards to propane, basically you need to be almost empty. Can one claim "I didn't know that?" if you get caught? I have been advised by others that I should take the route that Lee has suggested and go around Baltimore on the beltway. I guess I should start abiding by the rules before I get caught. I was told that my "playing dumb to the rules" will not work and that motorhomes are easy pick'ins coming out of the tunnel...

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the forcast on a couple of weather sites I just checked out, the weather for D.C. this weekend is looking super! Just need to get by today, which may have a little rain in it. But starting tomorrow and right thru the weekend, well...Lee can confirm that with the local weather forcast, but all indications are positive right now. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
And for those who are already on site, keep your eyes open...there are (6) more Barths scheduled to show up today. It just keeps getting better and better! cheers
And last, but not least, we are keeping our eyes to the sky and the Barth Gods for Mary Ray. This GTG without her will be like a day without sunshine. Ooops I was REALLY looking forward to meeting her. Maybe we all should head down there and get her fixed up!!! More importantly, anybody with radiator expertise for her Barth needs to get in touch with her to possibly help with the needed repair. mechanic

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Tunnels are restricted and vehicle with propane tanks (does not matter if it is off or empty, you will be turned backed and not allowed to enter. The tunnel signs do not specifically mention propane, just HAS MAT stuff but propane is considered HAS MAT.

We also took exit 29B coming down from the North to powder Hill Rd. then to Cherry Hill Road, no issues, clear sailing.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Tunnels are restricted and vehicle with propane tanks (does not matter if it is off or empty, you will be turned backed and not allowed to enter...
Did this happen to you?
Looks like I'm taking: Tooling Along
MARYLAND I-95s >> I-695 E/BALTIMORE BELTWAY INNER LOOP (left lane ramp) >> I-695e to EXIT 11B >> I-95s to EXIT 29B POWDER MILL RD/MD-212 W >> Turn Left onto CHERRY HILL RD >> Turn right into CHERRY HILL PARK >> cheers

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way...it looks like (11) Barth owners and their guests are scheduled for the Saturday Night Grill. cheers Anybody else care to join us???
Tonight will be my LAST update on this posting. I need to get things done tomorrow and then get outta here to head to D.C.! Soooooooooooo, it's not too late to tell me you're coming!!! Tooling Along

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Tunnels are restricted and vehicle with propane tanks (does not matter if it is off or empty, you will be turned backed and not allowed to enter...
Did this happen to you?

No but we were given strong advice from several RVers that were turned back.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
Corey and I will be joining the "grilling" Sat night just haven't decided what yet.
Its a windy day here on Barth Blvd but still a nice one.

Cheri

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
It's looking good for the Barthasaur. Barring anything unexpected we will have the trailer with us.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post