Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
since we have never been to a rally. Do you bring your one empty pint jar and take it with you?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
L-O-N-G range College Park forecast for next
Wednesday through Saturday:

Highs: 66-73, partly cloudy Cool
Lows: 51-56, overcast Sleeping

Light jackets/sweat shirts during the day,
Warm jammies for the night,

Maybe a rain jacket Saturday afternoon Ooops

As Nick would say, "Good wine tasting weather" cheers

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for being so absent from the forum so long, but Athena, I and Mom will will attending although Barthless.. We will be in a SOB. I still have my Barth although not liscensed for the road. I believe it will eventually become the pride of one of my kids because I will not give it away.

I will give up my center spot on arrival, there is no sense in having a thorn between so many Roses.

BTW, send me a private note and I will provide my cell# incase you or your party need assistance in this general area.

I am looking forward to seeing y'all next Friday around 1pm or so

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Doug,
Have you been following the posts here? If not, 'ya got about 20+ pages of fine reading to do..... java Not really. You were in the middle of it all for a while. Maybe just 6-10 pages Big Grin .
See 'ya next week!
By the way, you gonna be around for the grillin Saturday night? Seems like there is just a couple of us right now....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll bring some shrimp for Saturday night and make Scampi; I'll also make some potato salad and homemade French Onion soup and some garlic beer bread.

Picked up some Chilean wine today.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Yes I look foward to the grilling, and Athena said something about potato Salad last night.

My mom usually bakes some pies...

I will look around to find some local wine, we have a bunch in the area. I've never drank the stuff so I don't know one from the other.

See you guys in a week

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Lee's contacts for anyone having enroute issues/problems/questions........

I can be reached 24/7 at one of the following, Give me a holler!

Office: 301-864-5844

Residence: 301-474-2666

Cell: 240-271-2449

Bambi's House of Massage: 301-555-1212

Drive Safe Tooling Along

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty & Doug,
Great! Two more Saturday night grillers.
Kathleen hasn't decided what we are going to grill on Saturday night Roll Eyes, but the weather is holding up so I know there should be some Jersey Corn there. No need to leave the campground for that, we're hauling it in and it is real good!
The wine thing for Friday night is getting interesting. You see, as Kathleen has advised me, it is not the local wine we need to concern ourselves with, it's the proper cheese to go with it.... head bang As for me, I don't do wine so I'll be walking around with a select choice of Jack Daniels (dark) or Absolute (light)! cheers

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Also available for the cool evenings:

Some hot, fresh-squeezed apple cider, Capt. Morgan's Spiced Rum & cinnamon sticks.......

At this rate, I hope the gang will be able to get themselves downtown & back Ooops

Bruce- Put me down for some grill space for a couple hunks of cow.....

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bywaters:
I will look around to find some local wine, we have a bunch in the area. I've never drank the stuff so I don't know one from the other.
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
The wine thing for Friday night is getting interesting. ...it is not the local wine we need to concern ourselves with, it's the proper cheese to go with it.... head bang As for me, I don't do wine...
Like both of you, I am a novice when it comes to anything wine related... Red, white, sweet, bitter... I don't know... I'm sure there are more. Coconut wine??? Big Grin

Oddly enough, I suggested the local wine tasting in a "Private Message" to Lee & Bruce. hmm I don't know why... It just sounded so upscale, or something like that. Roll Eyes Wink

I too will be bringing Cheese and Crackers for my table.
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Bruce- Put me down for some grill space for a couple hunks of cow.....
I'll be bringing a steak for the grill. I will have Linda make up a sideplate or two... Don't know what it'll be yet.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill & Lee,
More Saturday night grillers! It's starting to heat up for grill space... Violence
Bill---
It must be that New York Wine thing. So many choices, what's one to do? Confused Simple, do as I am going to do. Click Let the wife do the shopping. Then you have a pretty good chance that it will be good. Thumbs Up

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
Okay all you fence sitters out there...ONE WEEK COUNTDOWN FOR THE GREAT D.C. GTG!!!!! Big Grin It's not too late to get in. nono Just pick up that phone and make the call and then let us know where you would like to be located on Barth Blvd.!!! Computer Come on, you know you want to be there. Thumbs Up And fuel prices are in check and dropping so you can't use that for an excuse. Make that reservation today and come join us in the fun! Tooling Along Remember this...if you snooze Sleeping, you lose head bang!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
need a grill fore4 Saturday night count us in
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I intend to snooz
it is sleepy time
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Today's DC-GTG Trip-Tip:

I've mentioned this before on other sites, but just to recap.........

If you plan to visit the mainline attractions downtown and want to conserve your time, I highly recommend that you consider using the TourMobile. It's a system of street trams that run a regular route at frequent intervals to all of the major attractions (incl. the only ride tour of Arlington Cemetery). Get on & off wherever you want, visit a site on your schedule, and reboard anytime you want. Without a doubt, it's the easiest and most convenient way to see the city.

For multiple-day vists, consider purchasing the second day's pass at the same time - offered at a deep discount over the regular one-day fare.

Best place to begin your TourMobile trip is at the Nat'l. Visitor's Center at Union Station, just a couple blocks North of the Capital Building. From Cherry Hill Campground, you'll have several choices of MetroBus routes taking you to the MetroRail stations. You'll exit the MetroRail in the basement of Union Station, with TourMobile boarding right at the front door.

MetroRail pocket guides will be available at Barth Central. FMI:

http://www.tourmobile.com/index.php

Drive Safe Tooling Along