Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Corey,

The campground does have dedicated areas for extra vehicles, trailers,etc. But I get the impression that the GTG is going to "own the street", so I wouldn't worry about it....I'd think you'll be able to park it in the grass
next to you....If not, I'm only 24'...you can
use part of my site.....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lee, I'm sure it'll work itself out.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
DC-GTG Trip-Tip for Today..............

From the postings of previous GTG's, I sense that there might be some grudge-match feelings that have been festering out there....If that's the case, here's a potential DC-GTG activity about 15 minutes from Cherry Hill Big Grin

http://www.gokarttrack.com/home.html

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
DC-GTG Trip-Tip #2: For those who will be arriving via Rte 95 Southbound, the 95/495 mixing bowl can be a little confusing....Here's a suggestion:

1. Approx. 2-3 miles before the interchange, position yourself in the second lane in from the right shoulder - stay there. Depending on the time of day, traffic will be flowing at either 80mph or 8mph Eeker

2. When you approach the main split, follow the
Bethesda/Silver Spring signs to the right.

3. Immediately after the main split, you will see signage for Rte 1 College Park, with the Exit Ramp on your LEFT.

4. At that point, a new lane will appear on your left for the College Park Rte 1 traffic - merge.

5. Follow Rte 1-College Park signage for a mile or so, exiting on ramp to right marked: Rte 1, College Park-South....light at top of ramp.

6. At the next light (100 yds), turn right on to Cherry Hill Road - You're now just a mile away! Park, prepare an adult beverage and congratulate yourself - you survived DC traffic!

If you get squeezed or forced on to the 495 Eastbound lanes Washington/Richmond), don't panic...just continue to Exit 23 (Kenilworth Ave), up the ramp, over and around the full cloverleaf and back to Rte 1 Southbound.

A graphic is posted at: (bottom of page)

www.dcbarthrally.blogspot.com

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lee, any hints for us arriving I-95 northbound??

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Nick, I don't get through that area very often, but I know it seems to change almost weekly near the Springfield VA mixing bowl....I went through there in August, missed a sign and ended up having to go through town and back out. If that happens, God be with you..... Frowner

When I come up from Richmond area, I usually elect to add 15-20 minutes to my trip home by jumping off on 301 North of Richmond and taking it to Rte 5 at Waldorf, up to 495 Eastbound at Andrews AFB...then Rte 1 Southbound exit at top of Beltway......

If Atlanta traffic doesn't scare you, the Springfield mixing bowl won't either....On the other hand........

I'm not trying to scare anyone...just being realistic...... Tooling Along

Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
RE: Activity Suggestions for the DC-GTG......

For the past several weeks, Bill, Nick, Bruce and I had been acting as a sort of an ad hoc planning committee for the GTG. They've come up with some great suggestions and ideas.

We know that many/most of you are merging the DC-GTG with the opportunity to visit the DC sights, so we don't want to organize too many GTG activities that might subtract from your tourism plans.

Still, we'd like to have a couple Barth community events so we can all put faces to email handles. Besides DC sight-seeing, I'm sure that Barth gawking will also be a popular pastime. So here's a couple ideas to help make it happen:

Friday:, late afternoon/early evening is the DC-GTG Open House/Wine Tasting event. All coaches will be available for viewing by others. To make it a more mellow event, each coach will have one or two bottles of their locally made or favorite wine set out at their coach, maybe w/ some cheese & crackers - your choice. That way, GTG folks will have the opportunity to view each other's coaches without fear of dehydration. Those who are able to walk the entire coach line up and still find their way back to Barth Central will be treated to some Georgia Chili, courtesy of Nick. The campfire will be going for the balance of the evening, in case there's any unemptied bottles left. cheers

Saturday evening is the Great GTG Grill-Off. We'll supply the grills - you supply your own meat and grill-it-yourself. We'll have enough grill space to handle anything that ever moo'd, clucked, oinked or brayed....veggies too if that's your thing. We're also asking for a side dish to pass - enough for 6-8 folks. With the number of attendees, THAT should make for lots of vittles for all!

The balance of the time is pretty much on-yer-own, for sight-seeing downtown or just hanging around Barth Blvd and enjoying each other.

Additions/Deletions/Suggestions...What-da-ya-think?....It's your GTG....help us help you to make it an enjoyable & memorable event!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
RE: Activity Suggestions for the DC-GTG......

treated to some Georgia Chili, courtesy of Nick.

Nick can't boil water without scorching it. Might want to say courtesy of Donna. Smiler

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Forgone conclusion Nick, chili doesn't involve an Excel spreadsheet Big Grin

.....Funny though....in our chats, when you volunteered to provide Friday night vittles, I don't seem to recall Donna's name coming up Roll Eyes

Years ago, I did the same thing..once wack

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Lee, any hints for us arriving I-95 northbound??

Nick

I've driven this route several times.

On I-95 at Springfield, EARLY RIGHT exit to I-95N/I-495 (around MM 169).

The Potomac River Bridge is no longer the bottleneck - it's done!

At DC, take exit 25. Turn left at foot on US 1. Take first right after exit ramps on Cherry Hill Rd. Go approx 1.1 mile, campground on left.

I tried the US 301 thingy a couple of years ago - spent 1/2 hour sitting on the Potomac River bridge (one lane due to construction), and enduring many small towns and traffic lights (far different than when I used to make that run in the '60s).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Just a little over 3 weeks before the great D.C. Barth GTG and I notice five sights still available on Barth Blvd. Confused
Are 'ya gonna sneak in on this one??? hmm Come on, you know you want to. Click Great place to gather, food, fun, Barthmobilers and BARTH'S...lots of BARTH'S! Thumbs Up It's still not too late...... Tooling Along

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Since this is our first get together I was hopeing it would fill up.I also know that it is a school day but In the pastwe considerd it a school outing and my (kids) got credit for the time out with a paper they had to and read in class. If you have kids why not come
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
I think us men don't think we say (I)insted of us or our. just a "thought"
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Lenny,
(19) Barths in one place is a GREAT GTG! Big Grin So, you are coming to a Barth outing that will rival any out there Thumbs Up, so don't get down. nono I just left that as a reminder that there are still (only Eeker) five sites available.....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Todays DC-GTG Tid-Bit:

If you get your fill of monuments & museums, you might want to visit the Renaissance Festival, about 40 minutes away. It's an 85 acre village set in the 16th century, with displays, food, exhibits, music and lots of other things to see and do, including jousting matches (the official
state sport of Maryland. Roll Eyes

FMI: http://www.rennfest.com/