Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Been a little bit since I visited this thread, but it looks as if we are almost full on Barth Blvd.! If my math is correct, we have 16 sites booked. There are 3 that need to confirm their plans and/or site: Bill & Georgene, Eric Herrle and Sloop John B. If they are attending, then it just leaves FIVE sites left on Barth Blvd.! Get 'em while they're hot.....
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Like Bruce says, we got room and we're leavin' the light on for ya! Wink

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mrs. LonnieG
posted Hide Post
Hello all…

We just called in our reservation and $25 deposit. We did not specify a site number and my understanding is Janice is currently out for knee replacement so we will take what we can get. This rally is so close to us that we could not miss out on the opportunity to meet and see other Barth owners. We are the “party barge” Barth…also know as the hospitality coach or day carriage. Be sure to ask about the inventory list posted on the wall from the original owner…it gives a detail of all the libations on board…priceless! Big Grin

Lonnie G & Mrs. Lonnie G

Posts: 24 | Location: Southern, PA | Member Since: 06-23-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Super!.....Glad you're gonna join us!

Not to fret about site number....As we get closer to date I'll check-in with Janice to see how she/we are gonna assign specific sites. Main thing is to make sure they know you're part of the Barth G-T-G so they hold a site for you on Badlands Gultch (i.e.: Barth Blvd).......

PS: Whereabouts in Southern PA?....Our Barth itinerary for this year has got us in:
Harrisburg (City Island Park), Ohiopyle (rafting), Boiling Springs (trout fishing), York (biking),Gettysburg battlefields & Hershey Park(Yum).......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Not to fret about site number....As we get closer to date I'll check-in with Janice to see how she/we are gonna assign specific sites.
Based on this PM Lee, I think you can assign them one of these
quote:
...but if we can get in to an odd number site (# 5 or # 3) would be great. We will be there with bells on...we have the party barge Barth.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mrs. LonnieG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Super!.....Glad you're gonna join us!

PS: Whereabouts in Southern PA?....Our Barth itinerary for this year has got us in:
Harrisburg (City Island Park), Ohiopyle (rafting), Boiling Springs (trout fishing), York (biking),Gettysburg battlefields & Hershey Park(Yum).......

You will be dancing all around us...we are in Hanover...Snack Capital to the world! If you get to Gettysburg on a Friday night come join us for one of our other passions...bluegrass music! We jam on Friday nights at the Arrow Horse on Chambersburg Street next door from the Blue Parrot.

We look forward to meeting all the Barth owners. This time of year should be perfect for story swaping. Cool

Posts: 24 | Location: Southern, PA | Member Since: 06-23-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Ah yes.....We did the Hanover-Thing last summer.....Utz Tater-chip factory tour, Snyder Pretzel tour, Codorus State Park, etc. Really enjoyed it!.....As a matter of fact, thinking about 2-3 acre in that area to build on for summer location at retirement...any leads? Smiler

Picture of Mrs. LonnieG
posted Hide Post
Hey Lee!

Hanover is a nice area…we enjoy it. As far as land…I have no inside leads to recommend. The southern end of town continues to grow rapidly with Maryland commuters and the northend is developing another shopping mall…so no matter which way you go the traffic is building. But NOTHING like DC traffic…I 495 at 3:30pm is a parking lot…yuck!

Are there any bike trails close to the rally? Will do not use a toad but we do have a tandem bicycle and would be willing to take a little ride. We have done the bike path from Sterling to Purceyville and back…but we enjoy back roads much more. Let us know what the opportunities are…if not we are perfectly happy lounging in our recliners and sipping adult beverages and relaxing. Big Grin

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Here were some comments on this campground, thought might be ineteresting. sky

Cherry Hill

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there any bike trails close to the rally?

You bet there is, and I encourage anyone who enjoys biking to bring their machines to the DC-GTG.....This town has a great hiker/biker trail system, with one of the major trails beginning less than a mile from Cherry Hill Park, slowly winding its way along the Anacostia watershed into Washington. For the exclusive use of hikers, bikers & rollerbladers, the trails are paved & flat (Two of MY requirements Smiler) FMI:

http://www.pgparks.com/places/parks/anacostia.html

posted Hide Post
The weather is starting to warm up ROTFLMAO and fuel prices have stayed in check Smiler and we are 8 months away from the Great DC GTG!!! What are you waiting for to make your reservation Confused??? Get on board and get on Barth Blvd. while you can Click or you too will be saying later...I should have done that Mad when I had the chance.....
And correct me if I'm wrong Lee, but if you make a reservation and cannot make it, there is NO penelty for cancelling. Fact is, I would believe that as we get closer if you can't make it, there will probably be someone waiting to jump into your spot. But why take a chance on a cancellation to get onto Barth Blvd. Roll Eyes? Step up to the plate and get on board now! We are confident that there will be 24+ Barth's in attendance at this GTG Big Grin. Where else are you going to go to see that many fellow owners and friends at one spot? Add to that, after following many folks input on this GREAT website, you finally get a chance to meet them in person! And as with the other gtg's in the past, lots of tech issues and help with problems are offered right on site Wink. Can't get it anywhere else except at a Barthmobile GTG and this one looks like a winner! So, again I ask...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? If you snooze Sleeping, you lose Red Face!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yea, I forgot to add that I just read an article recently that named Cherry Hill Park as one of the top 5 camp grounds in the country Cool! Boy, are Barthmobiler's right on top of things when making GTG plans Click. And for those who are still thinking about it, I'm posting Lee's link to his site that he has done a great job on to inform us about the GREAT DC GTG: www.dcbarthrally.blogspot.com
Check it out.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, it's becoming painfully obvious that Suzy and I won't be able to make it to DC for the GTG. The good news is there is now an open site pretty much in the middle. I haven't cancelled my reservation yet because I want to be sure anyone here gets first shot at it. It's site 14.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Danny sorry you have to miss it. Was looking froward to meeting you. If you do cancell, Anne and I would like to move to your site. On the map it says 18, and you say 14. Either way we would like to move to your site if you cancell. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
You're right, I didn't double check my site before I posted that. I'll call the campgrounds and see what we can do about getting you in 18.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post