Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I think I'm the only one planning to go to both.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
H-mm, You know something we don't Rusty? Wink

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I was using the list at the top of the page - and missed Deb&Eds35 and you (no excuse for either) we're going to EAT WELL!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
As the date gets closer to the DC GTG we may want to think about a convoy of Barths heading North from the Sunshine State. We can talk more about it at our GTG next month over some J-P-P's and cold beer.

See ya there!

ED

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it is possible to pre-buy fuel for our coaches now, for use in the fall of '09?
Maybe one of the big banks could come out with a reverse credit card that would help us, and fund their operations for another few months. I fueled with gas at 1.899 yesterday, when I got back home to New Hampshire.
ROTFLMAO

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
fueled with gas at 1.899 yesterday

Wow!....at that price, it's worth buying a 500 gallon storage tank and a couple gallons of StaBil! Smiler

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Cheapest gas I've seen in several years. Interstate 20, exit 11, South Carolina Regular Gas $1.35 gallon. Now if Diesel would just follow.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Diesel's down to $2.65/gal here.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Anne and I made reservations for request for site 1413 for 10/8/'09 to 10/15/09. Hope to see you all there. Ray and Anne

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Super!......Now that site number 13 has been taken, maybe our more superstitious members will
jump on board and sign-up too! Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I have had these "grand ideas" of having the DC GTG being the largest collections of Barths in one place ever. Well, we have certainly got our work cut out to accomplish that goal.

I have looked at some of the Rally History from the BarthRangers.org website and the following are some of the entries:

July 29-31, 1980 National Summer Rally at Indiana Beach, Lake Shaffer, Monticello, Ind National officers were host with 335 coaches were present.

July 24-27 , 1969 National Summerr Rally held at Eby's Pines. 97 coaches attended. The Indiana State Group were hosts.

July 22-24, 1971 National Summer RRally held again at Eby's Pines. Hosts were the Ohio Buckeyes State group. 96 coaches attended.

July 20-22, 1972 National Summer Rally held at the Ranger Campground owned by Rangers Bill & Lu Herdter, Pioneer, Ohio. Hosts were the Mid-Alantic Colonial Raneer 102 coaches attended

Okay, so we have a little more work to do, but hey, we have over 300 days. Maybe we can have the largest collection in the 21st century.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Okay, now that the Florida GTG is over, don't you who attended just have that burning desire for more? Still room available to meet old and new friends alike at the great D.C. GTG! Big Grin
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The DC GTG was discussed many times during the Fla. GTG, and as is always the case regarding a somewhat far-off event, a lot depends on uncontrollable circumstances between now and then. When this thing started coming together the single most important subject was fuel prices. For us gassers at least, this isn't a deal breaker at this time, but for us working folks, wondering if we'll have a job next month,[not me, but Suzy for sure], kind of puts things in perspective for planning a long trip next year. We've already blown off a cruise that we really wanted to do but just couldn't obligate to in the needed timeframe, and, realistically, wouldn't be signed up for this if not for the generous cancellation policy offered by the campground. Don't get me wrong! If there is any way we can do this we will be there, but 10 months is a long ways off in this world. Perhaps 6 months from now will give us a better handle on our ability to make it to DC.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Here's a great last minute holiday gift...how about making reservations for our D.C. GTG??? A mere $25 will hold a spot for you and best of all, you can cancel in 2009 if you can't make it for some reason! Surprise that special someone with a gift of friends, food, fun and fellow Barth owners in 2009! Happy Holidays to All.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Today's DC-GTG Tid-Bit:

The NEW National Capital Visitor's Center!....

Barth folks attending the '09 DC-GTG will have the opportunity to enjoy the new Visitor's Center at the U.S. Capital, opened just last month.

With Congress providing the leadership, it was orginally scheduled to open in 2005 at a cost of $265 mil....in actuality, it opened three years behind schedule at a cost of $621 mil. (That'll give you some indication on how efficient the bail-out frenzy is gonna work!) Mad

It was originally designed to serve as just a visitor center, but in the post-9/11 paranoia in Washington, your elected leaders decided to expand the project and add additional "space".
(Read: BUNKERS for your Congress-person and their friends!)...But you're not supposed to know that......... Roll Eyes

In spite of Congressional buffoonery, it's still a sight to behold and well worth a visit - I recommend you put it on your DC-GTG itinerary.

You'll need reservations, but they can be made on-line or through your Congressional delegation.

FMI: http://tours.visitthecapitol.gov/

http://www.aoc.gov/cvc/

The DC-GTG is now THIS year! Make plans!