Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Connect the dots!
Ok, you're connected! Any chance of getting a real nice picture of your coach? This one is too small.

on edit: never mind... I found one

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Maybe Bill can create one of those thermometer-like signs that they use for the local blood drives Wink
You create it, I'll make a spot for you to edit it!

BTW: This image is being maintained by Lee... Let's give Lee a great big hand for helping me out while at the same time giving me more stuff to do! Computer Roll Eyes

You Da Man Lee!!! Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Lee,
I was told by Cherry Hill Park that they could not set sites this early in the reservation stage and that they thought it was going to be up to us to who was going to go where.
That being said, if you see a spot that you might want, 'ya better get your reservation in at the park and your committment to Lee. We're gonna fill 'em up quick! Especially you guys that are not so far away. What are you waiting for??? Just take a look and see where the committments are coming from already...they're coming from all across the land! 'YA GOTTA LOVE IT. Do you want to miss this? I wouldn't think so..... Roll Eyes
Bruce
p.s. Lee---I think it is time that we change the name of Badlands Gulch to Barth Row!!! LET'S FILL 'ER UP Big Grin

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Hey!!.....I just looked at the DC-GTG roster and realized that something's missing:

Instead of the National Barth DC-GTG, we need to hear from Up North and make it the International Barth DC-GTG!

(They all can't be in Florida that time of year Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Lee,
We just called and made reservation for the GTG. We have requested site 1412,but was told they could not confirm that site number for us. See ya all next year.

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carlflack:
We just called and made reservation for the GTG.
1/2 way point with deposit/parking spot assignment.
quote:
Maybe Bill can create one of those thermometer-like signs that they use for the local blood drives Wink
Will this work for you? Big Grin

Half Full... Half Empty. You be the judge. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I just made my reservation for site 1411 arriving on 10/7/09 and leaving on 10/13/09. Guess I'd better get busy, lots to do, so little time Wink

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Half Full... Half Empty. You be the judge.

....Don't rightly know Bill, but from an engineering standpoint, the glass is exactly twice the capacity it needs to be..... Roll Eyes

Welcome aboard Carl & Jack !!......We are really on the roll now.....Think I'll let
FMCA & Motorhome magazine know what's happenin'....ought to be some great photo ops for them.....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee,
I am I reading this right...15 Barth's committed for the Great 2009 D.C. GTG? Big Grin
Doug and Bill G.---Did you make your reservation at Cherry Hill Park yet? Eeker
And you, who is reading this thread and have not decided yet...what are you waiting for? Confused You really don't want to miss this one! ROTFLMAO
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
You're spot-on Bruce....15 coach owners already have the DC-GTG on their calendar! There's at least another dozen or so on our side of the Mississippi who should be thinking about it, the Rockies are represented, we've got the beginnings of a West Coast Escadrille and there are several Canadian coaches that are only one day's drive from Washington DC! Remember our goal-More Barths Than Milford!

PLUS!!....I got a good Ping back regarding my efforts to locate some former Barth employees. (See Barth History Sticky Thread at:

http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/2261042161

While it's too early yet to officially announce or confirm, here's a teaser:

If your coach was built in the early-mid 1980's, wouldn't it be a blast to sit around the DC-GTG campfire and chat with someone who supervised the assembly of your Barth? Eeker

Yep, we're gonna have FUN!...........

posted Hide Post
Lee,
That is great! More and more surprises for those who attend the D.C. GTG. Here is a great surprise happening right now: fuel prices are dropping!
And this is my little call out for our Canadian friends we met a couple of years ago at the N.E. GTG:
Real and Maggie...gonna come down and join us? Kath and I hope to be able to meet up with you once again here!
And for the others that have been able to attend the GTG in Mass. the past couple of years: It's only a short drive down I-95 to make this GTG!!!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Oh yea,
the Bywaters have reserved a spot..

"We received your online request and Pay Pal deposit. Thank you for making a reservation at Cherry Hill Park. Your confirmation number is 238846.

We made note of your site request and will make every effort to accommodate that. Your dates are listed as October 9-12, 2009, and we look forward to seeing you then.

CHP

Thats my story and I am keeping to it!

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Today’s DC-GTG History Tid-Bit:

When you park your Barth at Cherry Hill Park next October, you’ll be just a couple miles upstream from the famed Dueling Ground near Bladensburg, MD. Used for almost a hundred years, the Dueling Ground was THE location in the Washington DC area for Members of Congress and other high government officials to take their personal and political disputes to “final arbitration”. History records about 50 occasions when the flat grassy area along a stream was used for a pistol-duel engagement – usually to settle a question of honor, but sometimes just plain silly…..among them:

Young & brash Daniel Key, son of “Star Spangled Banner” author Francis Scott Key. An argument with a fellow naval academy cadet over the comparative speeds of two steamboats escalated into a challenge to a duel…..Young Danny apparently lost the debate when he took a fatal bullet and died on the spot……..

Before an engagement, participants would gather at the nearby Indian Queen Tavern, to toast their opponent and/or consume liquid courage. (…And you probably thought tailgate parties started with the NFL……)

Today, all that remains is a well manicured field and a plaque noting the field’s history. The Indian Queen Tavern (cir: 1760’s), has been restored and remains open to the public.(George W. slept there too!) Dueling went out of style around the Civil War……..

At the DC-GTG, I’ll be circulating a petition, urging Congress to bring back the practice of dueling as an expedient and efficient way for them to dispose of their political differences – please sign…..If we can’t have term limits, maybe we can at least try to control their population …….

…And if you didn’t get your competitive urges satisfied at the Choo-Choo Go-Cart races, pick a partner and let me know……I’ll make sure the grass is cut……..

To Do: At the adjacent historic Port-of-Bladensburg, now a recreational marina: canoeing, kayaking, pontoon boats & fishing on the Anacostia River.

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the DC-GTG, I’ll be circulating a petition, urging Congress to bring back the practice of dueling as an expedient and efficient way for them to dispose of their political differences – please sign…..If we can’t have term limits, maybe we can at least try to control their population ……
Big Grin You've got my "John Hancock" for that one. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Bywaters:
We made note of your site request and will make every effort to accommodate that.
Would you care to share your "site request"? We need to update our info too.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Lee ; The Town that I now work for has ask me to go to FEMA classes in Emmitsburg,MD. this Spring and agian in the Fall(yes within a week of the Barth Rally) . Now for the way to make both happen. Drive to DC, rent a car for the week and leave wife at Cherry Hill RV , stay on campus free and return on Friday for the Rally or find a RV Park in Emmitsburg area for week, pay for all housing expenses for the week our self and come to DC Friday for weekend of Barthing? The question is anyone or a lot of someones arriving early to the area? Lee has anyone talked about early start? Smiler All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Great to hear that you're coming to the DC-GTG John! (FYI: To get your bearings, Cherry Hill Park is 632 miles from good ole Three Oaks MI Big Grin
Now we just gotta synchronize your NETC training with the GTG.....

So far, a couple of folks have given thought to coming in to DC a few days before the GTG to get a jump start on sight-seeing. As time goes on, we'll probably have a few more...I'll be set-up by Thursday morning myself. But I'm not sure I can recommend that you come in the whole week before, set-up at Cherry Hill, rent a car and commute to NETC in Emmitsburg MD......

Cherry Hill to Emmitsburg is about 70 miles, involving Rtes 495, 270, 70 & 15 - all major rush hour arteries. You'll have the normal fight with DC traffic, and just as it settles down further out you'll get into Frederick MD traffic, a mini-rush hour in its own right. If I was planning the commute, I'd allow 2 hours minimum, knowing a minor fender-bender would make me late for class...........Perhaps an alternative:

Emmitsburg proper is a small town with modest offerings (think Three Oaks!) But Thurmont MD is only 8 miles down the road, a scenic & historic tourist area with lots to see & do. There's several commercial campgrounds in close proximity that could be your home-base for the week. (Google: Thurmont Camping) My favorite is Cunningham Falls State Park just west of town (You'll share the mountain top with Camp David, the Prez's retreat). There's an Enterprise car rental in town where you can get wheels. While you're in class, the family could tour Gettysburg PA, just 14 miles up the road, troll the scenic drives around Thurmont, drive 15 miles south to historic Frederick MD for sight-seeing, shopping, etc. There's tons of things to see & do within 20 miles of Thurmont.

A Friday afternoon drive from Emmitsburg to College Park will be against-the-grain of rush hour traffic, making life a little easier. I can also PM you an alternate route that will avoid the Crazy-Crowd on Rtes 70 & 270, and a scenic drive to boot...So far, the only plans for an organized event at the GTG is the Saturday night Barth Bash, and you'll be there in plenty of time for that.......

Whatever you decide, we can make it work!