Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
To the extent they can, Cherry Hill folks will keep Barth Blvd. S.O.B.-Free for the DC-GTG.
While it's a sardine factory now, their business is slow(er) after the kids go back to school, i.e.: don't let last-minute decisions and reservations hold anyone back!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
I made reservations way back when & couldn't pick a specific spot. I'll take spot 6 if it's still up for grabs.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Ya know, now that I think about it, we should be close enough to the DC-GTG date for Cherry Hill folks to get serious about specific site assignments......I'll stop by this week and talk to Gen. Janice - More info when I know it......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Herrle:
I'll take spot 6 if it's still up for grabs.
It's yours Eric... Thanks for letting us know.

We still need to hear from 3 additional coaches who wants to attend.

Members...
~Bill & Georgene Goodwin and Richard_Muise camp next to each other and have both stated a desire to attend.
~MatandAng have tried to request a spot, but haven't yet told us of their preferences.

That's all of them that I know of. Looks like no one want to park next to our campsite liaison. What's up with that Lee? Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
To the extent they can, Cherry Hill folks will keep Barth Blvd. S.O.B.-Free for the DC-GTG.
Question: What is an SOB? I've had this question asked a few times within the last 3 weeks... And we do have a few new members.

Here is one of the better exchanges of the meaning of SOB on our site.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like no one wants to park next to our campsite liaison. What's up with that Lee?

I'd guess it's because my Barth is old and missing a lot of paint.....You know, that "There goes the neighborhood" syndrome...... Frowner

Then again, maybe the bride sent a PM to everyone regarding my malady that's only partly cured with
Breathe Right strips..... Big Grin

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Well.....let's see now hmm
We have (18) coach's confirmed to attend (I'm sure MatandAng are taking one of the spot's). We have two that we are waiting to hear from, but if they commit that will be twenty. That would only leave, hmmm Roll Eyes FOUR SPOTS LEFT ON BARTH BLVD. Eeker!!! Soon it is going to be August and only a couple of month's before this great GTG happens Big Grin.
Soooooo, what are you waiting for Confused??? Don't 'ya wanna be there? Add your Barth TODAY to the D.C. GTG!!! With this many Barth owners in one spot, you know it's going to be well worth the trip.....one way or another!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Today's DC-GTG TidBit........

If ya haven't finalized your sight-seeing plans yet, here's National Geographic's list of
Must-Do's while in DC:

http://travel.nationalgeograph...ngtondc-mustdos.html

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
It's getting close enough now to start figuring out who is getting there when and staying for how long. Might be able to plan a few of those pot luck dinners that are so good.

Donna and I will be arriving at Cherry Hills on Wednesday 10/17 and will leave on Tuesday 10/23

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Isn't the GTG 10/9-10/12?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Isn't the GTG 10/9-10/12?

Yep, we're just getting there early and leaving late.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
10/17 is arriving late... Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
10/17 is arriving late... Big Grin

Okay checked the calendar again arriving 10/7 leaving 10/13 Thanks

Nick

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Always trust an engineer's calculations ROTFLMAO

Like the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, the Twin Cities' I-35 bridge, Titanic, Kansas City Hyatt Regency walkway, etc...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
As it is a 3 hour (3 1/2 hour by Barth) trip for us, we are planning on arriving on Thursday night, 10/8 around 9:00pm and leaving on Monday, 10/12.
I am sure that there will be a least one pot luck dinner planned. Alot of the weekends activities are going to be dictated by what folks plan to do while there. Remember, one of the reasons of choosing this location was for the folks that have never been to Washington D.C. (or haven't been there for some time) to be able to take in the sights of our nations capital. Cool I would guess that most "touring" will be done by day and that folks will want to kick back and relax at night ( Sleeping?), though seeing D.C. at night can be awesome also. And as originally posted here, you can leave your cars at home and just bring the Barth. Thumbs Up Transportation to and from the campground to D.C. is not a problem.
Just as important, we are 2 months away from this great GTG with (17) Barths committed to date Big Grin. We have MatandAng that has made their reservation but not a site request on this board. That leaves (6) sites on Barth Blvd. to fill. There are a couple of folks we are waiting to hear from (see prior posting from Bill-NY). If you have any thought of attending hmm, give Cherry Hill Park a call at 1-800-801-6449 to make your reservation today! Remember, your deposit is FULLY refundable if you cancel up to 48 hours before arrival. Sooooo, what do you have to lose? Let's help Lee not to have to fight Violence with the campground to keep Barth Blvd. open to only Barths for that weekend.....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Hi All, we are leaving 9/15 going thru Ky, Wv, Md, Pa, Nj, NY, Ct Ma Nh, Ma,New Brunswick, to Prince Edward Island and hopefully a date with a 1000 lb blue fin tuna at Northtown, PEI. then to Nova Scotia back thru New Brunswick, Ma, Nh, Ma, Ct, Nj, then to DC arriving probably on the Wed of the GTG. Anybody is welcome on any part of the trip. Let us know and we'll let you know about when we will be there. Tom and Nancy

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post