Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

OK How About Rally Thoughts
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
If I put on a rally, I would make really simple and cheap. And not as long as the last one.

What about a Wednesday to Sunday June 23rd to 27th at Elkhart Campground, Elkhart, Indiana. http://www.elkhartcampground.com. In this location we could visit the RV/MH Museum, I would try and get visits from folks who were involved with Barth, Bill Barth etc. There is of course tours through all of the big RV manufacturers, Gulfstream, Newmar, etc Elkhart RV salvage for those who are still working or your coaches. We really enjoyed doing the last rally, however, with catered breakfast, lunch and dinner, and buses to entertainment it got pretty expensive. I think we could have an equally good time with carpooling, and barbeques etc. And, if there is enough of us a pig roast on one evening. What do you all think?

And, by the way, Elkhart Campground is not at all set in stone. Because it appears to me that it is kind of a wide open KOA type of place there is also Eby's
http://www.ebyspines.com/campground.htm
which looks nice also.

And, just to make sure that everyone understands. This will be a Barthmobile.com rally. However, you don't have to join anything to come and every Barth owner on the face of the earth will be welcome.

How about some imput..

------------------
Short cuts always take longer

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow...YES YES YES. I will help, just say how. Really, if you need any leg work done I will be glad to assist. Dale Indy

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds Great. Please let me know what I can do to assist in some way to make this eventful for all...(is that a word?).. I believe the full hookups are outside the gate entrance..and the partials on the inside...We were there 2 yrs back...
...... JUST LET US KNOW .........

Al/Jean

After looking at the website (Instructions by spouse). We didn't stay here we stayed at the Fairground park.
Sorry bout the mixup...

[This message has been edited by Al Benton (edited October 24, 2003).]

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrrrrific!!! It sounds wonderful! Count us in for sure! and - if there is anything I can do please let me know - I realize that from this location it is doubtful, but if there is a mailing or info that you need to send out, or anything else that I could do, I would be delighted to be of any assistance in any way I can. Just let me know.
Linda

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Count us in!....We've got a daughter starting to make big wedding plans for sometime next summer, but nowhere have I seen it written that the parents HAVE to attend, right?...I mean, I've got TWO daughters, but only ONE Barth.....

And Dave, it would be appreciated if you can schedule things so that RV Salvage has two saddle-tan leather, 6-way captain's chairs on-hand for about $25 bucks each..(I'm told that's about $4 Canadian...)

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a winner - Have a wedding(son) July 10th and a convention schedule to check on. I like the idea of a simplier rally. I think thats about 600 miles from here and old betsy should make it.

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I volunteer to do all within reason to help float the keg.

Out of my travel range, but it'll be interesting to see the pics and hear from folks about their trip.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh ron!!!! It's an easy trip. Up hill going, and just coast down hill returning. If Al can make it so can you. OH COME ON RON....BRING YOUR SCOOTER TOO. DALE

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, now with the scooter AND a keg, this could turn into an outing!

You bringing the Vett? :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the salvage place if there is anything for about $100 US I can put in our Barth, and they will sell it for my $16 Cdn, I will definitely buy anything at all!
Linda

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave;You got the plan, go for it pal.We will try to be there.If we could help, we will try.We haven't been in Ind. since 98.Would be a great trip to get back to South Bend,live there 57 to 60. Jay & Shelby:

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron, Can't pull the vette, but will bring our 1947 WHIZZER. Can't wait to see the Barth's and enjoy the members. You can bring your WORLD FAMOUS MALE/MALE EXTENSION CORD. We will let you demonstrate. Kind of a SHOW AND TELL by ron. Might be a one shot deal though. What you think? Dale

posted Hide Post
Yep it'd be one of those Southern thangs that begin with: "Hay y'all, watch iss"!

posted Hide Post
Hey Ron:
Put NASA on hold for a few days..and I will swing over to Huntsville and we can caravan to Tennessee and meet Jay & Shelby (Missliltiny) and the three Barthmobile convoy will proceed to Indiana. Dale, I promise not to use the extention cord until your present.

Al
88 Regency 40' with a CAT
and a new 13" Front TV/DVD

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hey - This is a trip my wife and I would really like to make. There is actually a possibility that we would. It's quite a drive, but may is doable. Elkhart is 800 miles and Indianapolis is 865 from Springfield, MA. One 13-14 hour day or we take our time and do it in two.

It would be a real pleasure to meet other Barth owners, swap stories and get ideas, not to mention just having fun. Besides, I learned how to float kegs a long time ago. Lately I've been sword fighting with Captain Morgan.

Dave, the dates are right at the end of school for me, we may actually still be in school if there are a lot of snow days. I think our official last day is June 25th, which includes 5 snow days. One good thing, that last year we had a ton of snow and didn't have one snow day, so school was our on the 19th. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope for the best. Bill

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post