Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

OK How About Rally Thoughts
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
That would be a GREAT trip,& a really good Rally point!Go for it!& let us see what happen!Maybe Shelby & I can bring the "BEAR DOGS" too!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan MM.

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited January 05, 2005).]

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
"Bear Dogs".......If you want to see bears, ( and i mean LOTS of bears),and a lot of other types of animals there is a place just south of Rapid City called Bear Country that is a tourist attraction (trap) that actually is a pretty neat place.... you drive around thru different areas that contain different types of animals. Then you come to the bears.........Hundreds of bears all around you...sleeping, playing, fighting, doing bear things. I went in not expecting much and came out thinking if we are ever in the area again we will go thru it again. Then of course you are close to Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument and only about 40 miles from Deadwood and Lead which have a lot of mining history....and a couple of slot machines that treated us very well !!! :>) We were there the last week of Sept. and the Aspens were changing color and were very nice. The cemetary in Deadwood is up on the side of a mountain and has Wild Bill and Calamity Jane interred there. Went on a tour of one of the old mansions and did a few other things but would like to go back and go to some of the other things that we did not have time to do. All in all we really liked the Black Hills area and would like to spend more time there...even looked at buying a gold mining claim in the area.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
I don't care how fast I drive the lobsters won't make it. Oh well thats what airplanes are for.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We like the South Dakota Rally ideas!That would be easy for our Northwest folks to get there!Sound like a Great Rally could be coming soon!

------------------
Spartan MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like "Shadowman" knows his stuff. I've been watching Crazy Horse since '83 and it's astonishing... They're sculpting an entire mountain! After seeing It you'll drive right past Mt. Rushmore. That area of S.D. is realy nice and shouldn't be too warm in Sept.
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But I want to see the GREAT FORMER PRESIDENTS... Sure is a SLOW process that CRAZY HORSE, we saw it in the sixty's and I believe it then had been years in the process, and you could NOT see any likeness. I quess the son's, and maybe grandson's have made it blossom. Sounds like FUN.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Yes Dale, here is the most recent photo I have seen of it.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW, it has really come to LIFE. That will really be a SIGHT TO BEHOLD, for sure. I would guess even the PRESIDENTS a few miles away will be LAUGHING. When they add "W" along side the FOUR the WHOLE WORLD WILL COME TO SEE. I can see the traffic jam now. How about it ron?, GOT TO LOVE THAT ron.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no need to MESS up Mt. Rushmore.

------------------
Spartan MM.