Tools
Reply To This Topic

OK How About Rally Thoughts
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Jack,

Thanks for asking about the Rally. At this early point Pla-Mor Park in Bremen,IN. We have tentavely reserved (no deposits or anything) an area of the Park with 34 full hooks together with a large building for get togethers and meals etc. Things will start getting more active by Feb 2004. I am making a small brochure to be passed out at the Quartzite Rangers Ralley.

This close up is of the area we would be located

This seems like a pretty nice place. They have the big Newmar and Coachman rallys here and have had a few Barth Rangers rallys in the past.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Dave,
It's been a year since you last tempted us with an exciting, low cost, lobster fest (Eric), Barthmobile.com Rally. Has anyone stepped forward to run a rally for summer 2005? It seems that someone had stepped forward to run it. I will admit that it's been a while since I've looked at the ol' website. However, I do not see mention of a summer 2005 event. Is something planned and I'm just not seeing it? Janet and I are looking at making our summer plans and would surely try to make a rally a stopping point.

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Perhaps another reason for keeping it simple might be so people who can only stop for a day or two, [like us], on their way somewhere else could do so and at least meet some other Barth folks and show off their pride and joy a little.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
As allways: any time any of you folks are passing through The Great State of Maine I have plenty of parking availble and all are welcome.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We would really like to attend . We will only be there for wednesday and thursday though. We do a few racing events during the summer and that week end is Cincinnati Friday Saturday and Sunday. Would there be anyplace to drop a trailer?

Posts: 25 | Location: Belle Vernon Pa. | Member Since: 11-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I have kinda made the decision that my direction in life is to make this website and the collection of Barth information as complete as possible. I put on one rally which I thought was pretty good but some people thought I really sucked at it. Well the Barth Rangers put on a pretty good rally, but when it comes to websites they reeaally suck at it.

So we each have our specialties. However, I still think I put on a pretty good rally, and some day I would like to have the coolest rally ever. And you know what I think that would be? I would do away with most of the hokey tours and stuff. It just costs a fortune. And, I would put together stuff which brought people together. Lots of food, games which made people laugh together and no cliques. If you get in a clique you would be taunted a third and even a fourth time. (Monte Python) Cheap enough so everyone would come and you wouldn't have to join anything to come. You would be taunted if you didn't come. Ron could bring his SOB Maniaco and give us lessons on electrical principals. Bill H could teach Latin or what ever he wants to teach we would all be ears. As we have here because when ever he says something it's worth listening to.

Jerry Aull of Atlanta would have bought a Barth by then....any Barth and he would bring his guitar and he and I would make Joe Pass and Wes Montgomery look like beginners.

Jay and Shelby Teasly would be there and Miss Tiny Little would be chewing off Shadowman's pant leg. Dale Smith would just be sitting back and laughing repeating over and over again. "that Ron, that Ron"...

Would that be great or what? I would go for at least 50 coaches...man would that be cool?? Eric.....Lobstah! ya!!

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sure glad no cliques will be allowed! Barry and I could park our glassnoses right in amongst the busses!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, we would come, and I would PROMISE to be a good boy. I would love to have the chance to meet as many of you all as possible. As far as ron, well ron is a SUPER person, and yes I would be thinking, GOT TO LOVE THAT ron. Regarding the Rangers web site, I have learned a lot over the past 18 months, and one thing for sure is that the Rangers membership is FULL of very nice folks. The leadership is there because the members WANT them as their leaders. They prefer that the site runs itself, and since it is THEIR site that's their right. Dave, your site is as good as they get, and from what I have heard YOUR rally was as GOOD as they get. I have heard that Hank and his bride hosted a SUPER rally last year, and too that those that have attended a Rangers rally have had a great time. I AM TOTALLY CONVINCED THAT BOTH GROUPS contain very nice folks, and many are members of both. WE CAN GET ALONG, and for the most part DO. The FUTURE can be GREAT for BOTH, and being SERIOUS in writing this post I wish both the very best. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I know that my humor sometimes is strange, but what I meant to say is that I think the Rangers can be the rally resource and Barthmobile will be the info resource. There are not two groups Most of the Rangers which have computers spend most of their time here even if they don't post and at least half or more of the people who post here are Rangers. There is just one group of people who go different directions for different needs.

I don't want anyone to think there is a problem between Barthmobile and the Rangers. I advertise every rally on this website, and I send door prizes to every rally. All Barth owners are heartily welcome here and I have only once blocked someone from contributing to this site and he didn't belong to any group including the human race...funny huh?

So let's all have a big bear hug...can you feel the love?? can you??

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 04, 2005).]

posted Hide Post
TWO GROUPS? SORRY. How about two sites? Love you all. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Oh-Kay... I can get 50 of you in my yard but Ron is going to have to do the wiring. And my swiming pool will never be the same.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I don't see BM.com members pulling together a rally organized on this website as competition or a problem. The Ranger rallies are well planned and typically routinely scheduled. There are a lot of other Barth owners who perhaps cannot make their rallies and may well support a more local rally in an area near where they live. I think that there was a lot of interest during the last attempt and I know there were some disappointed people when that rally fell through. I suggest another effort would be worthwhile. Keep it simple and locate it in an area where there is the most interest. You, or someone could develop a survey to determine interest, time/date and location. If I remember correctly, there were several people willing to assist with and or take full responsibility for organizing and planning.

What do the rest of you think???

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I trhink you have a very good idea. I for one will attend. I don't know how much help I would be , but I'd give a try. Bill

Posts: 25 | Location: Belle Vernon Pa. | Member Since: 11-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK, this is just the thinking stage. If we were going to have a rally, I think it should be in the center of the country. As much as I would like to camp in Eric's back yard in Maine, or Bill H.'s in El Segundo, CA, I think a central location would work for the most people. Like.....Indiana, Missouri, Southern, IL (absolutely beautiful area) How about Hart Ranch, Rapid City, SD?

And how about the first or second week of september. That is one of the most beautiful times of year in mid America, but I know kids are in school if that is a problems.

What do you think??

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a game plan to me.....

THE TOY 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post