Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

OK How About Rally Thoughts
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
That's an offer now Al. Maybe I can throw a rope over your Toad. With that rig, you could pulle me up there and then I can just coast back down when the rally is over.

Dave, sorry for hijacking your thread with our bantering. All in good fun I assure you but we can delete the non-attendance-related items at your request...............

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I'd love to attend for all the reasons that can be thought of, but... the Great American RV Rally Hutchinson Kansas is from the 19th to the 24th of June. Maybe I can get to the Barth Rally for the last day.

Actually its a NEGT on Memorial Day weekend in Vermont then another GT in Melvern Lake Kansas June 7 - 15 and then the GARVR, June 19 - 24.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a 460 Deer
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey al;I would like to see a big Barth.Maybe we could get a wagon train heading toward Ind. or someplace soon.Jay&shelby 95 Regency 300hp 34'

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Count me in! I'll bring the lobstah, Ahuya!

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK, I need imput. Now the pattern for Rally's in the past have been the Barth Rangers rally's. They have regularly been an entire week long with full catered meals, bus trips, scheduled activities every minute etc. And I know that some like it that way. But the cost can get up there. I think next years spring rally is something like $500.00.

Well I would like to pattern this rally a little simpler and less expensive. I want to have a rally where every one who can drive here can come.

I am looking at Pla-Mor campground, near Elkhart. It would be from Wednesday through Sunday Jun 23rd through the 27th.

As far as fees are concerned, I thought that the only required activities would be the camping fees of course, and a pig roast or Barbeque Saturday night. We will also have coffee, and continental breakfast each morning. Lunch will probably be out some where.

We could car pool to the RV hall of fame, the Elhart RV salvage, and or a plant tour.We will be five miles from Amish Acres where they have a dinner theater.

Now these are just barnstorming thoughts, nothing has been laid in stone and I would like to have ideas. We will be very near the old Barth factory and I would do my best to have as many important Barth figures attending.

So let me know if you were voting would you like an all inclusive catered affair or a less expensive laid back all are welcome kind of rally?

And for Dinner of Friday night....Maine Lobstah. Thanks Eric

------------------
"Ships are safe in the harbor.....But that's not what ships are for"

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 31, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave,
My vote goes for the simpler version with less work for you and less of a fixed schedule for the rally. We don't mind preparing some or all of our meals. The ideal of having one or two evening Bar-B-Q's is a good one as it pulls everyone together for food and social time. I just hope I don't have many snow days as our last scheduled day of school is June 23rd. This will be questionable for us, but we really will try to make it.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
I would be more then happy to bring "fresh from the boat" lobsters and steamers for a clam bake one night.

Just a thought.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Eric, what do you mean "Just a thought", You're on buddy, friday night, I'll bring my turkey broiler thing. Would that be the life or what?? A little Beujolais or Merlot, wow..

------------------
"Ships are safe in the harbor.....But that's not what ships are for"

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Janet says that we're in. The laid back idea is great with us. Let us know what we can do to help plan things.

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We opt for laid back also - sounds wonderful! Since we have gotten such informative and friendly replies to all and any queries, we are looking forward to meeting all these Barth owners!

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Lobster (pronounced-lobstah)last 24 hours when packed and shipped. So...if I leave Wednesday we're eating Thursday, etc,etc.

posted Hide Post
dave marie says lets go laid back is for me i will bring the clams little-necks from the south bay of long island n.y .good eating.and the butter. carl B

------------------

Posts: 29 | Location: forestburgh n.y usa | Member Since: 01-06-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Just bringing the topic back to the top of the list.
Questions for Dave.
Are the campground and dates firmed up? Should we make reservations individually? Are site numbers set aside for the 'Barth Classic Motorhome Tour d'excellence'? (This could be a way to get the 'cult' thing going) Is a list of interested participants being generated? Is it as cold in Indiana today as it is here in New Hampshire?

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is going to be 46 in Indiana today, but that doesn't mean it won't be back to 18 tomorrrow. The sun is shinning BRIGHT as always, it's just that often you have to get above the clouds to see such. Looking forward to the rally too. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Jack,
I like the "Barth Classic Motorhome Tour d'excellence", I'm not sure if we meet in Indiana that it will constitute a tour however.

It's 20 degrees and overcast here in the Springfield, Massachusetts area. Since we can't use the Barth, we decided to buy things for it this Christmas. It helps a little with the separation anxiety.

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post