Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 16
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
One has to wonder why Bill N Y, not a wierd stargazer keeping absurd hours such as I do, is posting at 2:35 AM.

I think I read a post or PM something about sleeping in a wooden crate during the day while the sun is shining.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
One has to wonder why Bill N Y, not a wierd stargazer keeping absurd hours such as I do, is posting at 2:35 AM.
24 hr road service, as the name implies Big Grin, happens at all hours of the day and night. I have little choice as to what time I might be posting.

RDR-Reliable Diesel Repair Inc
24hr Emergency Truck and Trailer Repair

Of course, Rusty is just trying to let the newbies know that I haunt these boards at all hours of the day and night. Rusty has been here, at my house in NY, when I've had to leave at 2:35am.

As I stated in an earlier post on another thread...
quote:
Originally posted by roman:
How do you find time to maintain this site answer all kinds of questions and run a business.
~ Much like a marriage and family. You make the times for the people and things in life that you love. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Neil

Born and raised in Burlington Ont. but lived half my life in the Good Old USA so your not the only out of towner as some say.

Looking foreward to meeting you at the get-to-gether.

ED

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Bill NY...I didn't recognize the pic of your Barth? What model is it? Has Nick got the data tag? I thought Barths had steel construction, not degradable cardboard?!!!!? Looks like a SOB stick and staple..no wait a minute...plastic and masking tape. Anyway I will look for your rental to view!!!!
To all that have replied, thank you very much for your hospitality and I look forward to meeting you.My plan is to get there after lunch and visit for few hours and then return to Orlando for the evening.
Can't wait for this great opportunity to view the coaches and of course, their owners!

Cheers, Neil

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I have two reservations for the GTG
site 84 12/2 through 12/5
site 72 12/5 through 12/7

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Mary, are you still coming "Barthless?" In any case, you won't be too far with the first site, and you'll be right amongst us Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the Barth Family. Suzie and I plan on getting there Friday before noon.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Will be coming in the Command Center or 26' enclosed trailer.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Mary you arn't not tenting great
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
Will be coming in the Command Center or 26' enclosed trailer.
You constantly amaze me... Congrats Mary Ray.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
D E T E R M I N A T I O N

Mary

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It's getting closer! Hope everyone is excited and ready for a really fun, laid back weekend. Friday night will be casual, wandering aimlessly among several Barths, and scoring a few edibles here and there. When Suzie and I are at the Euro, munchies will be served, but we aren't sticking to our site all evening, and we encourage you to be flexible and wander amongst the Barthmobilers.
Saturday is all about doing what you want, canoeing, visit the fort, hiking and biking, or just kick back and enjoy. If someone is thinking lunch, let's hear about it so you know how many to expect, but this is of course a voluntary thing. Saturday night at the dining hall will be a real party, as those who made it last year can tell you. The gift idea seams to have taken off, and if you're not sure what that's about see the earlier posts. But REMEMBER! This is just for fun and not meant to force anyone into buying anything! The Saturday night food feast looks like this so far.
Latest update on Saturday night food situation;
Cagles- Apache Cheese Bread, hot peanuts for appetizers, and pecan bars for desert.
Rusty-French Onion soup, frizzled green beans.
Nobles- Bbq'd Ribs
Carl Flack & Betty- slaw, pie, rolls, Cheese bal & crackers for appetizer.
Morris & Candy- cauliflower broccoli salad.
Danny Z- Bacon wrapped shrimp & a salad TBD
Jim & Patty- Seafood chowder
Ed & Deb- Wollowpeener poppers, pork tenderloin, and fresh oysters. It don't get no better!
BillyT- Chicken &sausage Gumbo, red bean dish
Jim & Barb Rustige- 7 layer salad & chips
If I,ve missed anyone let me know, and come back to this post for updates, as I'll just edit in more info here.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have more and better (than the ones at the NE GTG - those were taken with the 6" under poor viewing; the recent are from the 11" under very good conditions) astro-videos I'll plan to show Friday night.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Rusty, any chance of you bringing a portable scope that we could set up behind the dining hall and look at the moon and anything else interesting up there?

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Too many trees to see anything - I surveyed the area at the first GTG, and there isn't anywhere nearby suitable to set up a scope. I'm bringing 2 sets of binoculars, 8x56 and 12x50.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
hey everyone ,Connie and I are looking forward to meeting everyone soon at Hillsborough State Park, as with this being our first rally and a new Barth owner ,is there anything that we need to bring extra for one of these, food , supplies or anything at all, Capt Bob

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post