Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem Tom, just remember that for this weekend your coach is a 35' Wink especially when you're talking to Reserveamerica.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Danny Z, you can now put us in site 30, with our 35 ft coach. Looking forward to seeing you all. Will be there the 4th thru the 7th. Tom and Nancy

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Johns:
Danny Z, you can now put us in site 30, with our 35 ft coach. Tom and Nancy
I'm gonna squeal. nono

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Tom, you're in, don't worry about a thing, except maybe what you want to drink and eat, and how much fun you can stand for an entire weekend.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/11
Picture of Morris
posted Hide Post
Group, good evening, I am currently working in New Hampshire and Candy and I are living in the Barth. We went off the deep end and bought a sailboat and will be towing it behind the Barth to Florida for the winter. Our problem is where to keep it while we are at the GTG which is our first stop in Florida.If someone knows if there is room at the park or of another location please post a reply. Thank You, Morris

Posts: 19 | Location: Iowa | Member Since: 12-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Depending on how long the Barth is and the trailer is, there should be room alongside for the boat if it won't fit into the space connected.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Morris,

You're welcome to park it on our property about 1 hour north of the campground. Where are you wintering in Fl? That might determine how convenient.

You're gonna love the Fl gathering, great time last year.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/11
Picture of Morris
posted Hide Post
Corey, thanks for the offer, we have a reservation at Titusville for the remainder of December which is mostly east from the GTG. I think monday Candy will contact the Florida park people, It might be possible to book a non-electric site for the boat. For anyone interested Candy and I are the people from Iowa who bought Gunners 38 foot Monarch, and being from Iowa we don't have a clue, does anyone coming to the GTG know how to sail?

Posts: 19 | Location: Iowa | Member Since: 12-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
and being from Iowa we don't have a clue, does anyone coming to the GTG know how to sail?

ARRRRR!!! Aye, Matey! Tom Johns and I do, and no doubt others. Best to take lessons, but a good primer will help teach you the terminology, which will give you a good start

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure they'll find a spot to park the boat for you. There's a big parking lot by the swimming pool that I've never seen close to full. How long is the boat?
Looks like Morris and Candy have the "long haul" award so far at 1334 miles. Anybody going to try and beat that?

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Not me, I can't do better than 30 miles Big Grin

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
As the time for the Fl GTG approaches wondering if its time to start a list for the Saturday night potluck?

Cheri

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Barth's production well represented in Fla.
Early Motor Coaches, Regals, Regencies (both early and later models), Euro, Breakaway, Soveriegn, and Monarch will be present. Want to see a history of Barth. Hillsborough State Park. Look what you started Danny.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Cheri, since I will be in a tent and won't have much cooking ability what do ya'll recommend that I bring?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm going to start this post here and edit it as the info comes in. Need to know who will have grilling space, microwave, oven space, etc., but ideally anything that needs to be prepped inside the coach should be in your own. Nothing is being chiseled in stone yet so feel free to throw out any ideas and we'll whittle it down as the date nears. Mary, bring yourself, and don't worry about anything else!
Saturday Night Dinner Menu;
Danny & Suzie- Bacon wrapped shrimp, rice salad
Jim & Patty- Seafood chowder
Rusty- French Onion Soup [TDF] Frizzled green Beans and maybe spud salad

79 Barth Classic