Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Leaving Tues. going to stop in Atlanta to visit friend, on to Appling to Nick's House and then on to Hillsborough.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We posted the same time Mary. Sounds like a plan. See you there.Back to Sunday morning breakfast, Suzie and I will make all the sausage gravy, and we're bringing a bunch of Grands, but we are limited on baking space, so any real ovens will be appreciated. Also, cheap champagne and orange juice goes well with Biskits & Gravy. [Hint hint]

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Is there a grocery close to the campground? If so we will be the orange juice bringers, If not let us know and we will back up and punt!!!!

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The nearest grocery is Winn Dixie, about 8 miles south of the park. You'll be coming in from the north, so you won't go by it. There's a good chance of somebody making a run saturday, but we shouldn't count on it. Give me a call friday morning if you want us to pick up some OJ or anything else.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can jump off 75 north of I4 and cruise through some beautiful country roads, then re-join the ratrace south of I4 by going through Live Oak. Just some food for thought.

North of I-10, not I-4 (well, technically it is north of I-4. Way north).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
We will go to store for orange juice before coming to campground.

Mary

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Directions to Hillsborough River State Park From the north (down I-75 Two choices):

Choice 1 (which is what I use, having tried both):

At Exit 301, take SR 50 East/US 98 South (Left at the end of the ramp).

Go 2+ miles, turn Right on US 98 (This road surface is rough, so you can continue on SR 50 to US 301). There is a Wal-Mart Supercenter approx. 8 miles south of the SR 52 junction in Dade City, on the right; it is almost exactly 10 miles to the park entrance.

Choice 2 (this keeps you on the interstate longer, but goes through a very congested area between Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills - you've been warned):

At exit 279, go east on SR 54 (left at end of ramp).

Turn right on US 301. About 7.5 miles to park entrance.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
My New Barth

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
Hey Mary,

What's the current status on "The Command Center"?

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Billy T

That offer still stands about a place to stop but it's going to depend on the weather. That storm out in the Gulf is going to bring us alot of water up the river tonight . They expect a 3 to 4'storm surge on top of a 5-7 ft. storm tide. We moved everything to high ground as we are about at about elev.4 You will probably be driving through alot of it so be careful.

Deb and I will see how it goes but still hope to attend but maybe not untilSat. Don't want to miss Danny's biscuits and gravy.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ed, give us a call. Your # says no longer in service. Hope everyone can make it, but safety is more important.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
posted Hide Post
It sure don't look like we're gonna make it.i parked in the yard sat so we could load up. it's been raining for the last two days.we gotta drive over 175' of yard/mud to get on the road.
everything happens for a reason, when it get light we'll give it our best.

Posts: 16 | Location: Lumberton, Mississippi | Member Since: 12-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The weather is playing havoc on us but it should be OK by Saturday. Just don't forget your raincoats. Frowner
http://weather.aol.com/forecas...us/fl/tampa/id/33609
Mary, if you need to evacuate wednesday or thursday we're just over an hour away and you are more than welcome. If you don't still have my # I'll get it to you again.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
posted Hide Post
if you know somebody that wants a camp site # 44 is open. we're in mud up to the axle.have a good weekend.

Posts: 16 | Location: Lumberton, Mississippi | Member Since: 12-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Got a new phone and lost my old numbers.

Ours is 850-528-7206.

Sure is wet here! Bus is still ready to go and is parked about a mile from the house on high ground.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post