Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1973 barth
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1973 barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shell&damon:
ConfusedNot sure where to find out about the chassis.On the glove box spec sheet all it says is
base body or chassis ZW9301
this is the option number for the part it says.I know we are positive it is a 350 engine tho.
here is the pic we have just taken.trying to get all the pics on here so u guys can see all sides.She may not be the prettiest barth out there but we love it.lol.We are going ot get a custom paint done when we get a chance it will be dedicated to the troops overseas as I have 2 children over there now fighting so we figure what better idea to show our support.

That's going to look mint when you're finished. Please keep us updated; you could start a thread in the "Improvements" forum. Smiler

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coaster48:
I think it should have the name = STUBBIE" Cheers,Neil

I would strip the paint, give it Lee's Nuvite shine-up and call it The Toaster.

I had a 19 ft class C SOB that wasn't nearly as cute nor as well laid-out as this.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Ok Bill h, Toaster? Come on..Looks more like the bread box, and i,m sure there is going to be a lot of "dough" to get it up and going. Good luck with the project shell & damion. I know my (new )
Barth will keep me busy.
1975 19' C class

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME POST THE PICS,am workin on getting more of the inside to put on.Would love to meet ya if u come up to Indiana.Thank again for the tires.
NOW AS FOR THE NAME::::::love all the comments and ideas we are trying to come up with something cute but military related.Altho so far our fav is STUBBIE toaster.lol.

Posts: 20 | Location: indiana | Member Since: 05-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would strip the paint, give it Lee's Nuvite shine-up...

I'd show off the fact these are all aluminum...re-paint some sections and buff the rest up to a shine. I'm a Canuck, but I love the "Red, White and Blue" theme. Smiler

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Looks great, Richie!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rusty. Here's a "before" pic from last year.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
hey...how difficult is it to polish that aluminum? Looks great!

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris & Tina Jones:
hey...how difficult is it to polish that aluminum? Looks great!

I'm not one to jack a thread...here's my thread: Smiler

http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3431087061/m/1181097013

Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
well we have officially went camping in our little barth and we love it.stil lneed a paint job and cant figure out how to get hte water to pump but we are definitly doing great.thanks to everyone for thier advice

Posts: 20 | Location: indiana | Member Since: 05-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
As far as the water problem, tell us what you have, what you're doing, and what isn't working. Somebody here will get you through it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
pump wont pump but is making noise. when we hook water up the kit sink works but we cant get the pump to pump .the previous owner said everything works including the water pump.She also stated they had winterized it.We filled the tank up and nothing.Will look to see what pump is in it.Thank u for your help.

Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
I had a heckuva time sorting out what water valve did what. I turned on the pump and all sink and shower faucets then all the taps under the kitchen cabinet and the ones near the pump. I beleive there's one main drain for the fresh water tank and two (for hot and cold water) that drain the rest of the plumbing system. You'll know which one's are the drains by looking under the Barth. There's also one that isolates the electric water pump when you're hooked up to "city" water.
Hope that helped.