Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1973 barth
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1973 barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
ConfusedNot sure where to find out about the chassis.On the glove box spec sheet all it says is
base body or chassis ZW9301
this is the option number for the part it says.I know we are positive it is a 350 engine tho.
here is the pic we have just taken.trying to get all the pics on here so u guys can see all sides.She may not be the prettiest barth out there but we love it.lol.We are going ot get a custom paint done when we get a chance it will be dedicated to the troops overseas as I have 2 children over there now fighting so we figure what better idea to show our support.

Posts: 20 | Location: indiana | Member Since: 05-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
another pic

Posts: 20 | Location: indiana | Member Since: 05-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected! This is really a class A coach, and a real beauty in the rough at that. For future postings of pix, which we all enjoy, perhaps you could check out photobucket. If you use them it doesn't use up bandwidth on the site and you can post all the pix you want. It's free and you can size the pix so we can see the whole pic at once. I'll let Bill give you the specifics.
The Service theme sounds great, we can't wait to see it, and our thoughts and prayers are with all the brave servicemen and women wherever they serve this great country.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
another one

Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
Ok here is the picture I just took.how do i find out what chassis is in it?I have looked on the spec sheet in the glove box and all it says is
base body or chassis option number for part
ZW9301.

deleted corrupt image: Bill N.Y.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shell&damon:
Ok here is the picture I just took.

My computer shows only the top part.

quote:

how do i find out what chassis is in it?

Here we go again....How about a coupla pitchers?

There were some Dodge chassis, but with a 350, yours is probably a Chevy P30. A picture of the front suspension on just one side will probably identify it here. Or maybe even the instrument panel. Smiler

A picture of the top of the engine showing the valve pans will ID the engine, too.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Shell& Damon is this Barth from the Marion IN area? I live in
Somerset about 10 miles from Marion, I might be of some help also I have a 1976 Barth.

Ralph

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
You have got to love it! A 19 A class, as the doubt would be. I think it should have the name = STUBBIE" or a "Stubbie Humpback"--- nice unit!
What a beautie! With a little TLC, it would be a showpiece in any park.It just tells you what Barth did for its clients. I am always amazed at what Barth put out!
Cheers,Neil

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
yes we are from the marion area if u would like u can email us and we can trade numbers.Would love all the help we can get.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm with Neil on this one. It's the coolest little coach I've seen. Can't wait to see what they did on the inside. Hopefully the 350 will allow you to travel a little more than a 454 guzzler would have.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That's just plain cute!

BTW, shell&damon - check the wheel/tire size - if they're 8.00Rx16.5, I have seven wheels and 4 good tires (2 w/500 miles, 2 w/1000 miles) you can have for shipping.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
Awesome would love them,appreciate that also.Heres my email please send specifics there.michellec46953@yahoo.com

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I assume your wheels and tires are 8.00x16.5 - tires aren't too hard to find, but wheels are. I went through about ten trying to find replacements for a warped wheel I had on my old SOB - and none of the ten was good. That size is no longer made. I ended up replacing them with 16" wheels and adaptors at a cost for around $1700...

Where in Indiana are you?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shell&damon
posted Hide Post
We are in Marion apprrox 65 miles north of Indianpolis.We actually ran across another barth today for sale.tried callin but no answer looks like a 70`s model also just longer then my little beauty queen.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There's a possibility I'll be going to a star party west of Rensselaer in June - we could meet somewhere near there, because freight for these wheels will be otherwise pricey. However, the chances of my going is currently around 30% due to things I have to do around the house, and the dicey IN weather that time of year.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke