Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

fuel cost
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Are any of you barth owners cutting your trips shoter this year due to fuel cost? James

Posts: 29 | Location: Alton Mo. | Member Since: 05-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Carol and I are taking shorter trips. Most of them have been in the state of Washington. Sometimes you tend to over look the great things that are close to home.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Yep and next year when the cost of fuel goes up again we will drive even less. There is a finite amout of fuel and more and more of us, fuel prices will rise, sometimes steeply sometimes at a constant rate but they will continue to rise.

Sadly I have not found the job skill that allows my income to match inflation, oh well.

In fact that is the major use of our Barth, I live in it for the work week to reduce our fuel costs.

I just drove the motor home from Kentucky to Los Angeles. Fuel costs about $0.40 to $ 0.50 a gallon less than what we pay in Los Angles in almost every state we powered through. Kentucky to Los Angeles in two and a third days is not visiting, it is powering through but fun non the less. The Barth is a runner. We ran side by side with the new diesel road leviathans, much to the chagrin of several owners, He, he, he ,he snorkel guffaw, ah the inner child rides again.

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited August 04, 2004).]

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post