Tools
Reply To This Topic

My first new car
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
I was going through a bunch of old photos I haven't looked through for about 30 years and I found this picture. I know this isn't
"Member Spotlight" but when I was discharged from the Army in 1970 I gained two things. I spent 3 years playing bass guitar and bowling. I was a pretty good bass guitar play, but I also had a 205 average which got me a job with the Brunswick Corp. and the big salary of $12K a year. I bought this car from Galpin Ford In Canoga Park, CA (San Fernando Valley). I loved this car, I also loved this woman until we divorces 10 years later.

Galpin was famous for taking their cars and customizing them.. This was paint guys, no tape in this picture...man I haven't seen these pictures for 3 decades... man I loved this car..loved the woman too.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Ah, the Pinto, loved by some, maligned by others. I had one, a bright orange '74 wagon. Bought it cheap with 12,000 miles on it. I hated it, it was a gutless wonder with lousy gas mileage.

A week after I sold it, I got a recall notice. The gutlessness was caused by excessive camshaft wear due to inadequate oiling resulting from a manufacturing error. If I'd kept it another week, I could have had the head replaced with a new one, courtesy Ford Motor Co., & might have ended up loving it like Dave loved his. C'est la vie.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post