Barthmobile Portal
My first new car

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/3721079612

11-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Dave Bowers
My first new car
I was going through a bunch of old photos I haven't looked through for about 30 years and I found this picture. I know this isn't
"Member Spotlight" but when I was discharged from the Army in 1970 I gained two things. I spent 3 years playing bass guitar and bowling. I was a pretty good bass guitar play, but I also had a 205 average which got me a job with the Brunswick Corp. and the big salary of $12K a year. I bought this car from Galpin Ford In Canoga Park, CA (San Fernando Valley). I loved this car, I also loved this woman until we divorces 10 years later.

Galpin was famous for taking their cars and customizing them.. This was paint guys, no tape in this picture...man I haven't seen these pictures for 3 decades... man I loved this car..loved the woman too.

11-12-2006, 01:08 AM
olroy
Ah, the Pinto, loved by some, maligned by others. I had one, a bright orange '74 wagon. Bought it cheap with 12,000 miles on it. I hated it, it was a gutless wonder with lousy gas mileage.

A week after I sold it, I got a recall notice. The gutlessness was caused by excessive camshaft wear due to inadequate oiling resulting from a manufacturing error. If I'd kept it another week, I could have had the head replaced with a new one, courtesy Ford Motor Co., & might have ended up loving it like Dave loved his. C'est la vie.