Forums    General Discussions    If you think it's cold...
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

If you think it's cold...
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Whenever I start to bitch about all the traffic, skeeters, and other nuisances down here in Florida, I click on this page and read the weather up on Mt Washington.

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/today.html

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Danny, you are reading my mind. I just got this picture from my buddy Dennis Broderson in Port Washington.

Olroy is enjoying 56deg today in Yuma, Carl Flack and Jay Teasley are sweating out 46 deg in their part of Tennesee. But here in Minnesota we have only had a little over 2 inches of snow all season and it's 30 today, suppose to be 40 by Sunday....It's Bush's fault

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SURE it is BUSH'S fault, he set off the big BOMB test a couple weeks ago in the ocean and caused the flood and now our cold weather. That's what are so called friends are saying. GIVE ME A BREAK....

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
It's unfair to blame Bush for those things.

Most of the country's problems are the fault of Kerry and Kerry voters. If Bush did not have those distractions, he would have been able to do even greater things.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK, enough of the blame game...after all where are you gonna stop. What about FDR and that new deal stuff, and the French, ya, what about the French? Plus, anyone who has ever been in Korea knows that those Turks are up to no good. And hey, I know you haven't thought about this but have you ever known anyone from Paraguay. See, See? huh, I bet none of you have never known anyone from Paraquay. How do you know that there is a Paraguay?

North of Minneapolis there is a town called Blaine.....I have never, ever known anyone from Blaine. Have you?? OK, here's the big one...Idaho....huh...anyone here from Idaho? ya, I bet you don't even know anyone from Idaho.....And look they stuck it on the map between Oregon and Wyoming. People in Oregon have no reason to go to Wyoming and those who live in Wyoming, never go to Oregon..So how do we know it is there. huh, tell me huh. And, I know what you're going to say. What about Boise. Well hey, I've been to Boise. It's in Oregon..ask anyone from Ontario, Oregon. Boise is a suburb of Ontario, Oregon....So you have Paraguay, Blaine and Idaho..add to that the New Deal and Truman, ya Truman..Well there ya go, it's all there if you look close enough..

Deb says I have to go take my meds. later..

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
56 Degrees in Yuma......we are a little over a mile from Olroy and we had the heater on for part of the day and a couple of days ago we ran it all day. Also a Blaine in Wa., ....been there several times, stepdaughter lived there for most of 2003. Idaho?? usually go thru the narrow part of it in less than 2 hours, always thought it was one of those east coast states. By the way Dave did you know that it snows more at the Grand Canyon than at Minneapolis ? That three hundred and fourteen acres of trees, (63,000 trees) are used to make the newsprint for the average sunday edition of the New York Times? And no.....i have never met anybody from Paraguay.....yet!

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
See, see!!

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 07, 2005).]

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Since the thread has drifted. ...
Shadowman; Have you ever done Hwy.93, from Phoenix Az. to Jasper Alberta? Same road all the way, doesn't even change numbers when it crosses into Canada at Eureka Montana. It is called the Icefield Parkway thru Banff and Jasper National Parks, but still the same road. It's on my list of things to do when we are retired. I've only driven the part fron Banff down thru Mont. Idaho to Wells, Nevada so far. Lotta pronghorns & prairie dogs & beautiful scenery.
The other one I just gotta do is Hwy. 50. It starts in Ocean City Maryland and ends in San Francisco! Friend & I are doin that one on our Beemers one day.
REgards from the frozen north.
Don
>
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
56 Degrees in Yuma......we are a little over a mile from Olroy and we had the heater on for part of the day and a couple of days ago we ran it all day. Also a Blaine in Wa., ....been there several times, stepdaughter lived there for most of 2003. Idaho?? usually go thru the narrow part of it in less than 2 hours, always thought it was one of those east coast states. By the way Dave did you know that it snows more at the Grand Canyon than at Minneapolis ? That three hundred and fourteen acres of trees, (63,000 trees) are used to make the newsprint for the average sunday edition of the New York Times? And no.....i have never met anybody from Paraguay.....yet!

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
D0n, We jumped on 93 from Kalispell down to Missoula...stopped at the National Bison Range, on our trip this summer. We have friends in Troy MT. so i have been thinking about doing a trip from here to there on 93 this coming summer if we go visit them again. May go to WA. first tho so plans are still up in the air. Also need to consult my mountain directory west book to check on the passes to determine whether i want to do it from N to S or vice versa....i try to make it as easy as possible on the old girl on the hills.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, i have never met anybody from Uraguay either......is there such a place???

posted Hide Post
Just read that in a survey of 18 to 24 year old high school and college grads 1 in 7 could not even find the US on a map. "If you don't know where you are....how can you know where you are going?"

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Um, just wondering, has anyone clicked on the site I put up to start this thread. It's supposed to be one of the coldest places in the country if not the world, and they update every morning. I don't think Bush has too much to do with the weather up there but I live a sheltered existance so I could be wrong.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Yes Danny, I clicked on it and found it to be interesting. But it has been a few days since I visited a top Mt. Washington. I have to leave my obode here in Eden Prairie everyday and it is COLD...

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I almost made it to the top of Mt Washington on a bicycle in the mid eighties. I was getting tireder and tireder, and the wind got stronger and stronger. I was glad when the mission was scrubbed due to winds and visibility, but disappointed, nevertheless. It was even cold in summer.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idaho checking in....I'm sorry for all you fine folks who have not visited northern Idaho. Please come and visit ----but don't stay.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post