Forums    General Discussions    If you think it's cold...
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

If you think it's cold...
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
eric,

Camping and skiing on Mt. Washington is not so dumb. I've done it many times. Tuckerman's Ravine is as good as it gets. I guess I've done it 9 or 10 times. The last time was just a couple of years ago. My dear friend died of a massive heart attach at work with me. He and I had been there most of those trips together.

I climbed to the top of Hilman's Highway in the ravine and cast his ashes to wind. It was one of the special places in our lives and we knew that he would be happiest there.

You never know what life will hand you so get in your Barth and go.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I trust you were on free heeling on telemark gear.

------------------
ATS

Posts: 2 | Location: B.C. Canada | Member Since: 01-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
No it wasn't really dumb skiing Mt. Washington, Dumb is skiing Mona Kea in Hawaii but that's another story.

The things us old ski bums will do for a thrill.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Skiman,

I wish I could say I was a telemark skier, but I am not. I have a special pair of short but wide skis that I use for mogul and glade skiing. I'm not as quick as I used to be and they turn more quickly. When I skied on Mt. Washington, it was always spring and deep powder was not a problem. They work well on the steep slopes as long as you keep turning to check your speed.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post