Forums    General Discussions    A Christmas survivor!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A Christmas survivor!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougZ
posted
Several years ago we had some hard freezes here in south Florida. I used to take all the delicate plants and put them in my shed when this happened. Somewhere along the line I missed a Christmas Cactus when I moved the plants back outside. It fell behind my work bench and spen at least a couple od years there. Two years ago I found it and wasn't even sure what it was. The plant looked like green / brown rotted paper. I was going to dump it in the trash but instead I threw it in my watering bucket and forgot about it. A few weeks later I saw it again in the rain bucket. The segments had started to rehydrate and it started to look like a plant again. Last Christmas it was still pretty puny so it stayed outdoors with my other potted plants. This year the cactus outdid itself and joined us for the celebration. I can't wait to see what it does next Christmas.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Where'd you get that water? I'm going to immerse myself in it too!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Could I get the rights to sell this Fountian of Youth water in the Midwest? ROTFLMAO

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I think the water has the opposite effect on people. Everyone down here who drinks it is old. Wink

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post