Forums    General Discussions    I got lucky this weekend.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I got lucky this weekend.
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougZ
posted
I don't mean that way! Neverless I was fortunate. One of the items on the Airstream to do list was to get the furnace working. I read up on the proper method and had gone thru a dry run with the gas off just to be sure I understood everything. Something inside me told me to pull the cover off the unit which is located under the stove and sink. When I did I found a mountain of rust. The whole bottom of the combustion chamber was riddled with holes. The baffel areas were even worse. If I had lit that thing it would have immediatly blocked any egress by way of the door. It is now completely removed and I will take the 12 volt squirrel cage off. The rest goes to the scrap yard. Thank goodness God looks after those of us who are mechanically challenged.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Whoa! good catch! When you have old stuff (even good old stuff like Barth coaches) my motto is: If you haven't already fixed it, better look at it soon or you'll be fixing it when you don't want to. Takes a while to catch up when there are so many systems like in boats, planes, coaches. Besides I hate the smell of burning hair, and I gotta lotta hair. Smiler

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5184 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post