Barthmobile Portal
I got lucky this weekend.

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/2453997967

02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
DougZ
I got lucky this weekend.
I don't mean that way! Neverless I was fortunate. One of the items on the Airstream to do list was to get the furnace working. I read up on the proper method and had gone thru a dry run with the gas off just to be sure I understood everything. Something inside me told me to pull the cover off the unit which is located under the stove and sink. When I did I found a mountain of rust. The whole bottom of the combustion chamber was riddled with holes. The baffel areas were even worse. If I had lit that thing it would have immediatly blocked any egress by way of the door. It is now completely removed and I will take the 12 volt squirrel cage off. The rest goes to the scrap yard. Thank goodness God looks after those of us who are mechanically challenged.

W4JDZ
02-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Steve VW
Whoa! good catch! When you have old stuff (even good old stuff like Barth coaches) my motto is: If you haven't already fixed it, better look at it soon or you'll be fixing it when you don't want to. Takes a while to catch up when there are so many systems like in boats, planes, coaches. Besides I hate the smell of burning hair, and I gotta lotta hair. Smiler

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp