Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta summer 2018 GTG
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Oops, sorry just like a lead (heavy) balloon, I missed that one. Smiler ROTFLMAO Most folks do not get my humor, and I do miss most folks humor. Thanks for the update, I should have known. Kind of makes me think of our Pirate Captain Rusty. It is late and I am going to sleep. Sleeping Arggggg

Posts: 2475 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Kazy called maiden rock this morning and found out that Marvin and Doris will be in Ed's old spot. Lot # 41. Kevin, could you add it too the map. thanks
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
I meant add it to the map. ARGGGGGGG.
thanks
kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kenny, your wish is my command.

#40 Tom and Nancy
    #41 Marvin + Doris
    #42 Richard_Muise
    #43 Dana
    #44 Tonka
    #45 Steve VW
    #46 kenny j
    #47 Duane88

Updated 05/26/18, 1:31PM

Posts: 2475 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kenny, did you notice there is an outdoor stage in the campground map?

Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Yes, the last time we had a gtg there, Leon Russel had just cancelled his show on that stage. He had a heart attack and died sometime later. I not going anywhere near that stage. It would be fun if Doug were here and also Walker on the base guitar and also Lou on the old eighty=eights. Fun to dream.
kenny

posted Hide Post
Yikes, we sure do not want any Lion Russel surprises like a heart attack. Hope the Barth Snowtan event is fun for all the members in attendance. cheers

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Okay to supplement my former comments to bring firewood. Even though I know what to do to safely transport firewood that would not spread and pests or diseases. I can not bring firewood over the Camp Maiden Rock. I can not afford a $7500 fine per day per move. I had not read all their rules and the subsequent rules of the Minnesota DNR and Department of Agriculture.

I understand and appreciate the efforts to keep mainly the Emerald Ash borer out of new areas. I still have 80% of my trees are ash. I had cut and preped Boxelder. I know of no issues with this wood. But will not take the chance. Sorry

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1400 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Can you buy special kiln dried firewood from the campground store? Or do we need to collect cow patties???
BTW we are under quarantine for black walnut, pine beetles and hemlock aphids. Bring more stuff from China ...
Next we all need to be fumigated before crossing into neighboring towns

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey, I keep telling them this is not firewood, these are DISPOSABLE WHEEL CHOCKS! We just burn them when we're done... ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5204 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Okay to supplement my former comments to bring firewood. Sorry
Dana, here is a thought for you folks going to the snow tan event.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/firewood/index.html

Use Firewood Scout to see where you can purchase approved firewood.
Emerald ash borer (EAB) and many other forest pests and diseases can be accidentally transported in firewood. In order to help prevent the introduction and spread of invasive pests, state statute was amended by a commissioner's order in December 2017 banning all firewood in DNR lands unless approved by the DNR (Minnesota Statute, section 89.551, Sec. 2). If you bring unapproved firewood with you to a state-administered campground, you will have to surrender the wood or be denied entry. If you are caught burning unapproved firewood on DNR lands, you may be fined.
What is Approved Firewood?
· Firewood sold by the DNR at state parks.
· Firewood purchased from a vendor that is either:
o Non-ash firewood harvested from and purchased in the same county where it will be used (be sure to keep your receipt to show proof of purchase)
o Firewood harvested in Minnesota that has been certified by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture or the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (be sure to keep your receipt to show proof of purchase).
· Kiln-dried, unpainted, unstained dimensional lumber that is free of any metal or foreign substances, or manufactured logs. Pallet wood is not approved firewood. Dimensional lumber does not require proof of purchase.

Use Firewood Scout to see where you can purchase approved firewood.

It appears that you campers can go to the local box store to get reduced dimension lumber. Just a thought for you Dana, The Lowe’s, and Home Depot near me sells carts of twisted dimension lumber at a reduced price. As stated above, it appears to be an acceptable alternative.
I know how expensive debarked heat-treated lumber costs in Ohio.

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
They have firewood available to purchase at the camp. I have some untreated, unpainted lumber I will bring. There are multiple places to buy high priced firewood. Supposed to be over 100 degrees today so I will not dumpster dive today to reclaim some crate wood.

Yes I saw "Pallet wood is not approved firewood" How would they differentiate from scrap lumber???

Weather supposed to be mid 70's next week for us but that is believing the weather man. We have a great 8 so far anyone else joining us? It's not to late to get in.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1400 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Just saw Kenny's post and as tempting as this GTG is, given the opportunity to join Kenny and Walker in a musical jaunt, I have to say I'm already committed to the date to drive a Model A Coupe in a 45-50 car convoy to show off an extensive John Deere collection owned by a friend. We haven't sold our Barth yet, and would use any reachable excuse to hit the road, but will have to pass on this one.

So Kenny, give 'em hell as usual on your mean guitar. "Hi" to Kazy, and all you guys have a great time!

(By the way, we've got a hookup for any Barth passing close to Allegan - water & electric....this season or any other.)
[Ed: You still coming this way?]

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
You all know if your traveling and get ahead of your plans you are welcome here at the house. Just let me know and I will do some vehicle shuffling. I have 2 50 amp plugins and a hose. You are WELCOME. I am home Sunday and will be getting Midnight ready to roll. Working Monday off Tuesday thru Friday but have to be at work for the late afternoon Friday.

I am saying don't short stop at Walmart you are welcome here.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We are pumped! Getting ready to leave Friday morning. Glad I filled up last time I drove at $3.14. Way more now. My favorite way to leave Michigan, north to the bridge, turn left!

We will spend Fri, Sat and Sun nights at my parents in the UP to get Dad's boat launched and visit with them.

We will leave Mon morning for the GTG. Plan to spend Sun night somewhere in Wisconsin, arrive Tues mid day. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5204 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post