Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta summer 2018 GTG
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ok 2 days left, I would guess most folks are on the road, I have a 7 hour drive so will not take off until Tuesday morning, Spouse has decided not to attend so I may bring one of my grandsons not sure about the K9's.

Well Steve if you slip into Iowa fill those diesel tanks! Our fuel is still below $3 per gallon and gasoline is about $2.80.

We will see if the Ole Nose is gonna do this trip without incident!!!

Happy travels to all!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2052 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Ok 2 days left, I would guess most folks are on the road, I have a 7 hour drive so will not take off until Tuesday morning, Spouse has decided not to attend so I may bring one of my grandsons not sure about the K9's.

Well Steve if you slip into Iowa fill those diesel tanks! Our fuel is still below $3 per gallon and gasoline is about $2.80.

We will see if the Ole Nose is gonna do this trip without incident!!!

Happy travels to all!!!

Duane tell the Wife it is not to late to changer her mind and come. Pretty sure she would have a good time. Looking forward to meeting you.

Looks like it will be the "Great Eight" cheers unless we have anyone else sneak up on us. They would be welcome!

Tooling Along Heading out to finish up a few things and put a few things away. I promised Lynn I would not start any new projects.........

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Well unfortunately I will not make it! I have been holding off the final decision until yesterday. I have started a six week, once per week, immunization procedure (first one was rough) and it should be finished without interruption. I won't be able to hit the road now until July 6-7. Have fun guys, will try to catch up with y'all down the road later.

Will advise my travel plans later.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We are in the UP, just finished launching Dad's boat on the family railroad.

Leaving tomorrow for parts west. See you guys soon. Thumbs Up cheers

Ed, we'll see you later this summer. Be well

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Dana, she is pretty stubborn but I will continue to work on her going along.

Ed, get well there will be more GTG's would like to see you at one of them soon and many more.

All drive safe!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2052 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
This is Lynn, Dana's wife. I have been looking forward to this for months. We have a great time. The group of ladies are very easy going. Hopefully your wife changes her mind. See you Tuesday.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
This is Lynn, Dana's wife. I have been looking forward to this for months. We have a great time. The group of ladies are very easy going. Hopefully your wife changes her mind. See you Tuesday.

Thanks Lynn I showed her your post...got one more day to try,,Thanks

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
You all have a GREAT TIME. Sorry to miss it this year as we don't arrive in IA until about the 20th and MN about the first of July.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1186 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Well unfortunately I will not make it! I have been holding off the final decision until yesterday. I have started a six week, once per week, immunization procedure (first one was rough) and it should be finished without interruption. I won't be able to hit the road now until July 6-7. Have fun guys, will try to catch up with y'all down the road later.

Will advise my travel plans later.

Ed if you are heading this way give a shout and we will try to get together. Good to hear the mend is going well. Keep the faith.

Originally posted by Gary Carter
You all have a GREAT TIME. Sorry to miss it this year as we don't arrive in IA until about the 20th and MN about the first of July.

Same thing Gary if you want to Get together when you hit the state give a hollar

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Ed we'll miss seeing you and hope your immunization procedure goes well and you're back on the road to good health and many more Barth adventures.

We're hoping to use Tonka more this summer and when you make it to MN maybe we Minnesnowdan's can meet up someplace for a mini mini GTG.

Gary, sorry to hear you won't be back in time for another surprise drop-in visit. Sounds like both Ed and you will be in state in July. Maybe something in July?

Duane, really hope you can talk your Missus into coming along. She'd have a fun time! This is a really relaxed welcoming group and Kenny our very own accomplished professional musician and humorist is a stitch. It all makes for good gab, good eats, good music, a little bit to drink and a great time! Smiler

Tonka is about ready to roll. We have to finish dewinterizing and provisioning this afternoon.

We're really looking forward to getting her on the road and to seeing everyone. Tooling Along

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well folks coming through Iowa, when I went the past the fuel stations today, a surprise Diesel had gone up to $3.25 but gas was still $2.80, I think someone told the speculators that there might be Barths in route..lol

Turkeys also changed the weather forecast, Scattered afternoon and evening thunderstorms Wednesday and Thursday, perhaps way scattered and not at Maiden Rock..

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well Tom called said he would arrive Mon pm. We left Monday morning did 425 miles arrived about 430.

A nice evening. Wally showed up about 1130 today.
A good start for a great time

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Looks like we're all here. Nice sites, large with nice shade trees.

Kenny J and Tonka:

Richard/Nancy and Tom/Nancy

Look! That looks just like Kevin's show coach!

Dana's new Monarch, my 98Barth, Duane88's Euro!

Marvin and Doris brought their toy hauler:

Wine and cheese and good company for Tuesday evening.

Kenny J was the main event. Amazing talent and music.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A little rain overnight but a nice day Wednesday. A few Barth projects were worked on. Richard's LED brake lights work well now! Mechanic

Too many guys working in the back, I'll just fix something up here... ROTFLMAO

The original version of the "Barth get together"

Lookin' good now! confusion

Wed dinner was potluck with numerous choices. A great meal. Dana smoked some pork butts and they were great. Duane made the margueritas. (We just never have enough food!) ROTFLMAO

Kenny and Kevin are trying to figure out that picture on the back of Richard's coach... confusion

Kenny entertained us again, into the night.

Thursday was another great day at the Snowtan GTG. Played mini golf, swam in the pool, ate leftovers and had another fine day with the Barth crowd.

Rained much of Thursday night, so Duane, Tom and Nancy, Kenny and Kazy, Richard and Nancy, and Liz and I hit the road in the morning. Wally and Connie, Marvin and Doris, Dana and Lynn, and Kevin and HelenJo were still there.

We have about 675 miles to go home, we'll stop on the way back for the night and be home on Saturday.

What a great time. Thumbs Up cheers

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I am the first to get back to the home front from Snowtan.

The participants were fantastic, the food and drink was yummy. Great campground, KennyJ is fun , funny and a great entertainer.

All those beautiful Barths and one little ole Glassnose. I had fuel delivery problems solved with new filters. I can not wait for the next GTG.

P30 chassis
350 engine