Milford II 6/14-6/17/2012
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
I don't see Bill N.Y. on the list yet either.
>Pocono Raceway weekend. 6/7-6/11 = 5 days
>Our family vacation, starts the day the kids get out of school. 6/21-7/3 = 14 days
> 5 days in early August for the 2nd Pocono race
> 3-5 days in late August to pick up the family in NC

Too many days off now without the Milford GTG.

If something should change, I'll be sure to attend.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Nick do you have a new count. I think my early perdiction is coming true Smiler All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I put the names with the sites to give everyone a better idea of who is going to be where. Let me know if I need to make corrections.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Add D.L. for site 401. thanks
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Wow, only three sites left and one might be for Hank? Nick---we you may need more! This could turn out to be one of the largest Barth gatherings in a long time. Glad I'm not gonna miss it!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Hope this isn't wishful thinking on my part, but I called and reserved 10 additional sites this morning. We now have sites 451-460 in addition to the others. As you can see on the map these sites are next to our current sites.

Current count 26.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Good move, Nick.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Doorman, I added D.L. and I also added the additional sites Nick reserved.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I added D. L. to Nick's list. Bill (SD), the link to the annotated map is broken.

I can pull it up with the URL, but can't link. I copied to the Barth Photobucket:

The link works now - deleted the Photobucket version

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Site 421 please.
Were going to make this gtg.
Daisy hopes that there is a dog park nearby.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Done. No dog park, but plenty of room for walking.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Nick: I think it would be nice to have Lou dig out his list of Barth Employees and send out a post card to them asking them to save the weekend of June 16-17 for a cookout with us agian. If Lou needs help I will be glad to help and the grills will be ready to go. All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I can whip up another batch of postcards.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Great minds..........

I'm already working on a draft 2012 version of our press release, and yes, I've saved the list of former employees so we can tell them "we're baaack"(or will be).

I'll be asking for more names, etc. in plenty of time to get the notices around. If SD can do the post cards, that's great. Sloop: I'll at least need some help dishing out the Hudsonville Ice Cream that Barb and I will be bringing.

I expect to do a notice in early January (no sense competing with the Christmas Season fever/fervor). Then we've got a clear shot to June. (The press release will go to Nick first so he can do his fine tuning.) Nick: When you see this let me know whether we're going to be doing another luncheon for the Barth employees (I'm guessing 'Yes.'), and if so, date and time.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Think Milford!

It's time to get the word out about our 2012 GTG at the Elkhart, IN. Fairgrounds in June. The following will be used as the basis for various press releases over the next 5 months. A concerted effort will be made to reach all former Barth employees and their families. We welcome any comments and/or ideas for future notices to all interested parties!

Barths to return to Milford (at the Elkhart County Campgrounds) in June, 2012

Registration is underway at the Elkhart County Campgrounds for a rally of Barth owners who will gather June 14th thru June 17th in 2012. Owners have already reserved 28 of the 29 sites originally reserved by Organizer Nick Cagle, and so Nick has just reserved another 10 sites for a total of 39. “This could be our best-attended get together yet”, he said.

Barth RVs were manufactured in Milford, Indiana from 1963 to 1998, and are considered to be one of the better-made RV brands of all time.

Bill Napolitano, leader of Barthmobile.com, a website that boasts over 1,800 members, made it known last time that “we want folks who worked at the Barth factory to know that we appreciate the great coaches and trailers they produced, many of which are still in operation today.” So once again former employees will be invited to a BBQ put on by owners at the Fairgrounds. An extra effort will be made to reach all former employees in the area. Anyone living in the Milford, Indiana area who worked at the Barth factory or who is directly related to someone who did is invited to pay a visit to the Elkhart County Fairgrounds on Saturday, June 16th, 2012 at noon so Barthers can introduce themselves and welcome them to the event. “No one need prepare any speeches, but we’d sure like to get to know these folks and thank them for a job well done,” said Cagle. “And we’ll treat them to a lunch to show our gratitude, “he said. We would love for anyone to bring original pictures or literature that they may have of the factory or the Barths.

Cagle has reserved sites 401-429 and 451-460 for Barth owner registration, and if there is an overflow of attendees there will be a designated area for those who didn’t make their reservations in time. “We’ll have owners from the east coast to the Rockies and from Florida to Minnesota, all looking to gather near the original site of the factory. We have new members who are looking forward to the possibility of meeting some of the folks who produced these fine coaches and trailers, and there is a lot of excitement among all Barth owners for this event,” he said.

Cagle is asking that anyone who had worked at the Barth factory let him know through another Barthmobile.com member, Lou Thierwechter of Allegan, Michigan, that they will be able to attend the gathering. Lou will compile a list of contact information for these folks and make sure they receive any updated information about the get-together prior to the event. Lou can be reached at 269-673-2874, by snailmail, at PO Box 547, Allegan, MI 49010, or email (put “Barth” in the subject) at loucommish@yahoo.com.

Please note that with only eleven sites still available of the original 39, those who are planning to attend and haven't yet made reservations might want to do it soon!

Lou