Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Milford II 6/14-6/17/2012
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Charlie and Angi
posted Hide Post
We have kids, but not the same age. 5 and 2. Can't wait to meet all of you. We are behind schedule, this will be our maiden voyage. We have never driven this more than 5 miles since getting it home. We have never slept in it. We are anxious.

Posts: 43 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Member Since: 01-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom taylor:
Rusty. I would appreciate your assigning me a spot. I registered. Thanks. I am about almost certain to be coming down with Lou. My unit will be at Lou's until I ret from FL. Thanks

Tom taylor newbie

You'll be in 415. Glad you could make it!

The most recent map is here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are anxious

Charlie and Angi, I think you mean ANXIOUS literally, not meaning "eager" as many people often do. I understand and I admire your willingness to make the trip, despite your anxiety. It is the stuff memories are made of. Something might happen. But, you will get through it with your own good sense and probably the help of an angel.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It would be a good idea to spend a night in the coach before the first trip. This will allow you to make note of questions you have about how stuff works (or is supposed to work) that can be answered at the Milford GTG.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
We bought the Barth in the Los Angles area and drove it to Grand Rapids Michigan starting on a Sunday and arriving on a Sunday, 2300 or so miles. I agree it would be good to stay in it a night or two and get used to everything. My first event was the breaker tripping for the AC. We had to drive thru the desert from AC to Phoenix in the heat. Fortunately Bill help me find the breakers in a drop down below the bed frame. The 110 breakers are there. We had to fight 20 to 30 mile wind gusts in the open areas and that was draining but the Barth got us thru it. Climbing high mountains, we stayed at 180 degrees on the engine. Banks addition showed the exhaust climbing to 900 on high grades. I still do not know why our generator breakers tripped because we have the power guard between us and shore power. But, resetting them did the trick although they were under the unit and up to the back. I am a Florida flatlander and the mountains were hard to get used to. I was amazed how many miles of roads had dropoffs hundreds of feet and no guard rails. The wide body definitely takes up the road but I love the room. Make sure you now how to put water in the holding tank and drain your black and grey water. I could not get hose water into the tank and called the man I bought it fron and he told me to open a valve in the back of the compartment. Still not sure about it since I could not get hose water pressure into the unit itself.

My biggest advice is to not over drive your comfort and take your time. I had cars passing me the whole time and frankly did not care. 55 to 60 is just fine in most cases. Be sure you know how to adjust and read your mirrors (top and bottom). I kept forgetting to look at my rear camera monitor when backing. And, take a couple of phone numbers from folks at the site to help you out if you get into a situation. And, use your turn signals and give plenty of notice when turning off of interstates, etc.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I've got the ice cream (Hudsonville) lined up for Saturday's Ice Cream Social. I'll have 16-20 1/2 gallon containers. Calling Barth owners who can help with storing one or two containers (no sampling!) in their freezer for 3-4 hours prior to the event. Let me know when you arrive and we'll coordinate from there.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
If you'd like a t shirt please send me a PM.

The shirts will be grey with the Barth script on the left chest and the postcard image on the back.

The price will be $10 ea.
Short Sleeve will be available in adult and youth sizes. A ladies cut is an option sizes xs thru 2xl. If you'd like one in long sleeve I can do that too. And yes Rusty, there's a shirt with a pocket. Specify a pocket or I'll assume it's a regular shirt.

I'll have to order the blank shirts on the Thurs before Milford, so try to let me know by that Wed.

If you're not going to milford but would like a shirt I can put a shirt in the mail. I'll check on the cost for that.

Looking forward to seeing all you folks.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
We are getting closer. I am bringing something for the Auction.

I am betting there are a few fly fisherman amongst our group.

Here is the teaser
Sage Vantage 590 Flyrod with case
9 ft 5 weight 3 1/2 oz
Research it and come ready to buy it and the Money goes to Barthmobile!

Looking forward to meeting you all

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1386 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Nick,
It's looking very doubtful that Janet and I will be there in the Barth camping. Two issues: 1. that pesky radiator has yet to reveal all of it's secrets and remains half removed. Second, the day job has required a lot of travel during the past 8 weeks (also contributing to a radiator project less than half completed). So, if the coach is not road ready then we'll drive up at just meet/ visit.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Barth fans.
Mike Cropper

’84 Barth Regal 25 ‘
w/ “FRED” FRont End Diesel
Chevy 6.2 L diesel

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Talked to BillyT today. Billy has torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders. Corrective surgery for the first shoulder is scheduled in June with the second to follow as soon as possible. Needless to say they WON'T be at the GTG. Good luck Bily and here's to a fast recovery.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bummer - we'll miss them!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I just got to the point of reading thru posts on this thread. I will defnitely pop you a salute. I started out as PVT E1 and as a E6 SSG was given a direct commission. I had a First Sgt. I did not like so to fix that I got busy and got the commission. It was a fine day in paradise when he had to salute me. lol.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
William, I'd like a large. Maybe you could just bring it to the Fla. GTG for me. And maybe you could think about a Fla GTG design Wink.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Sure Danny, I'll hold one for you and I'll start thinking about a FL design.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Here's our Press Release in "The Papers Incorporated": An eletronic newspaper that is growing rapidly in the Milford area. They have also printed it in at least one of their associated newspapers.

http://www.staceypageonline.com/business/page/2/

(Scroll down to May 15th under "Older Posts")

Here is their article about the success they are apparently having with the electronic site:

http://www.staceypageonline.com/

(Scroll down to May 30th)

Our Thanks to Stacey Page and Lauren Zeugner for their help with this!

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post