Milford II 6/14-6/17/2012
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
MWrench
WE used to live in Brighton Colorado.
Now we live in LaSAlle Colorado.
30 minutes North of Brighton. If you want we have a free spot with full hookups here for fellow Barthers. Pm me we would love to see you.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sloop John B:
When you get off of I-80 (if coming from the east) , please watch out for horse and buggies, the Amish use most of the roads in the area. Tooling Along

YES, WATCH OUT!
An Amish infant was killed a couple weeks ago just north of IN on a Hillsdale Co MI Rd when a buggy was rear ended by an auto.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
So I do my 65th birthday Saturday with family and Kay and I head out to Michigan to hook up with Lou and Barb in Michigan on Sunday. We will be following them down to the meeting site using Monday at a Walmart to get some supplies, etc. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more about the Barth. After the meetings wrap up, we will be leaving Sunday morning headed for Nashville for tours and the Grand Ole Opry and on back to Florida.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Head out tomorrow mid-morning; beat the rain in final loadout and vacuuming. Casey and Nelson are READY! Plan on stops at KOA Forsyth,GA (great pizza) the KOA Manchester, TN.

The shrimp harvest was fresh, so there'll be 3 lbs up for grabs for early arrivals at Goshen. Homemade limoncello is also aboard...as is homemade jerky.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have generally good experience with KOA. When we had travelled recently and stopped in Springfield MO KOA, they had homemade pizza that was outstanding. I do not recall me and the wife scarfing down a pizza so quickly as we had not eaten much for a while. Be interested to know how you make the jerky.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Okay...looking for some "road" information from those who have traveled Rt. 76 (PA. Turnpike) and Rt. 80. I see that I can take the northest extension of the PA. Turnpike (Rt. 476) and pick up Rt 80W in the Pocono's area and then just take that west to Indiana. Or I can take the PA. Turnpike (Rt. 76W) out past Pittsburgh and pick up Rt. 80W there. Is either way better than the other? I know the PA. Turnpike is a toll road and Rt. 80 is not. And Rt. 80 is probably more scenic. I'm thinking more on the line of less twists, turns, elevations, road conditions, rest areas, etc...
Any opinions? We will be leaving Wednesday from South Jersey around 5:00pm and plan on pulling over at 11:00 to catch some sleep. I know if I go the PA. Turnpike route, that should get us in the Pittsburgh area. If we go the northest extension route, it will take 2.5-3 hours to get to Rt. 80 in the Poconos. I have not traveled that route to know how far 3 more hours of driving from that point will take us west. The milage differnce in the two is within 20 miles.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Hi Bruce,....My two cents:

I avoid the PA Turnpike whenever possible. For this trip, I'm adding an hour of travel via I-68 westbound just to avoid the Turnpike portion from Breezewood thru Pittsburgh. Besides tolls, there's always major road repair going on with lots of white knuckle lane shifts and squeezing. My Barth routings always take
road shoulders and pull-offs into account for the unexpected stop....In many sections of the Turnpike, those
areas are extremely tight or non-existent......

See ya next week - Safe travels...

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Bruce & Lee, if y'all come up with a route please post it here. I'm leaving Philadelphia Sunday Morning and trying to decide on a route.

BTW, if I remember correctly I80/90 in Ohio and Indiana is toll road.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, if I remember correctly I80/90 in Ohio and Indiana is toll road.

Yep, both toll roads Nick....(To make you feel even better, several years ago, Indiana leased their tollroad to a consortium from China! Mad)

From Philly, I think you're pretty much locked into the PA Turnpike. Don't want to overstate my dislike and scare anyone....just be prepared to compete with lots of 18 wheeler traffic and less-than-modern interstate standards.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd planned to stay at my usual stopover, Manchester (TN) KOA. I had to go past a checkpoint on the road in - odd - and the park was full.

Unbeknownst to me, this is the weekend of Bonnaroo, and this was the first I'd heard of this thing.

So I'm settled in at the Nashville I-24 RV Park.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Rusty; I would think you were aware of such an event. It sounds like a really big Star Party. I'll have alimoncello cheers All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Many of you are on the road already, not us... we're starting a couple of new projects.
Those of you at the FL GTG saw the green tile the PO has started to install in the '66.

The kids wanted to help out and did a pretty good job of pulling up the old tile.

Then Sherrie went to work putting down the new tile.

Here's how the new tile looks.

We had talked about doing one of the laminate wood floors. Since Sherrie is as tall as the ceiling now, we decided to go with the stick on tile which is much thinner and should save Sherrie's melon a little wear and tear.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sloop John B:
Rusty; I would think you were aware of such an event. It sounds like a really big Star Party. I'll have alimoncello cheers All who wander are not lost.

It sounds like the (junior varsity) eastern version of Burning Man, but with control freaks in charge, and without a burning man. I drove by the field on the way out, and it's packed, so it appeals to someone.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I've been told by some local TN folks that there's a lot of good music there, but have never gone--don't do too well in large crowds.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nick Cagle:
Please call me at 313/320-1245 as soon as possible.

Thanks, Jake Jacobson

Posts: 69 | Location: Harper Woods, MI, USA | Member Since: 05-06-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post