Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Milford II 6/14-6/17/2012
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I was considering an alternate route, but believe I am going to stick with my PA. Turnpike past Pittsburgh and to Rt. 80 route. I know there are going to be twist, turns, tunnels, construction and some slow going through the mountains, but I am being told that Rt. 80 across Pennsylvania will pretty much be the same thing as far as the speed one can travel and probably steeper elevations. So, as I am going to drive as long as I can on Wednesday night and pull over in a rest area (another reason for taking the Turnpike-I know there are rest areas) and then get going on Thursday morning and drive the 7-8 hours to the fair grounds late in the day.
See you there if your going....
Bruce
p.s. Nick---Sorry for the delay in writng this post. I do see that Lee told you to go the way I am planning anyway!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Time Zone!

Just so you'll know (or remember from Milford I), Elkhart County is on EDT.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
a timely reminder.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
hide ROTFLMAO

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Just about ready to head out. Looking around the (somewhat empty) Ponderosa, I wonder whether next time it would be more efficient to simply jack up the house, put wheels under it and transfer the Barth tag to the front porch. Tooling Along

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Then you could bring more Ice Cream with that way. Thumbs Up

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder whether next time it would be more efficient to simply jack up the house, put wheels under it and transfer the Barth tag to the front porch.

Would Nick and I get another mug? cheers

I should have freezer space for a half-gallon, BTW.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
We'll be heading out tomorrow morning Tooling Along

Depending on how long it takes Zipdee to install the new awning we should be in Milford Wednesday evening mechanic

We should have space for some ice cream in the new freezer cheers

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys and girls, we will be a no show, have to cancel last minute Frowner

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bummer! Thumbs Down

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Marvin-Doris so sorry to hear. I was looking forward meeting you.

WE are at the Mormon Island State Park in Grand Island Ne.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
A little trip planning: For the MGTG veterans - We've passed by the RV Hall of Fame/Museum dozens of times over the years - always in a hurry.....Maybe this is the
trip to check it out.....1) How far away? 2) Ya think it's worth the visit?
Also, what's the drive-time from GTG to the Milford factory site?

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We'll have room for a half gallon in the freezer. We should arrive Thursday mid afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5174 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Lee, both are fun trips as well as RV Salvage warehouses in the area. Factory now builds high end horse trailers. Neighbor just gave a Dodge 28' RV to Museum, don't know if it is on display yet. They may want to look at your one wheel trailer design. I am planning on going to salvage warehouse just across the border in Michigan Tooling Along Friday am. Wife is driving up in our CRV.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Is there any groceries available close by the fair grounds? We were going to bring the cycle, but because we would much rather spend the time around fellow Barthers we have decided to leave it home. Wondering if anything is within walking distance from the grounds?
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post