Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
That's fine buddy, draft all you want, I owe you a lot more than that. David and I got our new racing suits today and we are all excited about the go-cart races.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Mary, what's your schedule? Even if I don't go, Tere is planning on going to Choo Choo. Will you be coming down 81 to Knoxville and then south on 75 to Chattanooga? If so, the Sweetwater,Tn exit, number 60, is just about 5 miles west of where we live in Madisonville. I know Tere would like to hook up with you if possible and caravan. Let me know if you would please.
Thanks
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere, will have to check with Bywaters about route, will let you know, sounds like a plan to me, 2 Barths and 1 SOB in a caravan woo hoo Big Grin

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Just looked at the map and that looks like the way to get there, I know Bywaters did mention I-81. Jim, I certainly hope that you are feeling well enough to come, if nothing else you can be cheering for Tere at the go-cart races Big Grin We are going to have soooo much fun.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Mary, what day do you think you will be passing by Knoxville/Sweetwater? I'm leaning on going--figure that if I drink enough, I'll stay out of trouble. OTOH, I may get into trouble!!

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Our plan was to leave Bywaters house on Wed and go about halfway and stay the night then proceed on Thursday arriving at the GTG Thursday afternoon, will let you know when I check with Bywaters.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Hey Mary, if the Command center is running strong, we might make it as far as Knoxville on Wednesday. That is what I am hoping.

I'm about 320 miles from the TN line, Knoxville is another 100, which would leave us a short run down to Chattanooga on Thursday. It is up in the air depending on what time we leave and if there are any problems on the way.

Jim, we can put a zerk fitting in you back and pump a couple shots of grease in it....or you can stick to your plan of self medication. Wink
My wife has fibromyalgia bad enough she is on narcotics 24-7, so you will be in good company.

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Helen & I plan to leave after work Wednesday and drive to Jackson, MS. Thursday afternoon we will get to Choo Choo town. It is about a 12 hour drive from Lafayette. What is all of this about racing suits & go-carts????
Billy T

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is all of this about racing suits & go-carts????

Billy, to save you from going back and reading all fifteen pages of post , I'll try to give you a quick summary.

There is a go kart track at the campground. I think it was Bill N.Y. who initially challenged everyone to a race. Mary is having medals made for the winners. The challenges have gotten a little serious. Myself not want to lose, I have built a 350 small block, fuel injected, twin over head cam, 6-71 blower, 700 hp engine for my kart. I 'm having trouble deciding on a 6 speed manual or 5 speed automatic transmission. I have enrolled in Richard Petty's driving school and am practicing every hour I can. But still Mary says I don't have a chance against her 40 years of experience. I guess if I get embarrassed too bad I'll just have to sit in the pits and console myself with a bottle of 18 year old scotch.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Let the races begin! ROTFLMAO Billy, not to worry, this is just a little rivalry among friends and you and anyone else that is with you is certainly allowed to enter into the fun.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I am a very competitive individual myself, but 18 year old Scotch? Single Barrel I am guessing? Hmmm All we have is Gentleman Jack, Grey Goose, Bailey's, lots of good wine, and no Go-Kart..... D'oh May have to cook up a batch of cheese dip and enjoy the show...NOT !
Billy T

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.