Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 21
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I'll be there waiting on you. I'm leaving Wednesday morning and according to Mapquest its a little over 250 miles so I should get there early afternoon. Tim and I are bringing golf clubs and he will be in his Ford pickup. I'm not going to bring a toad since he is driving. We can use his truck if we get a chance to play golf. This will also give me a day and a half to bribe the go kart operator to give me the only cart that will run over 5 miles and hour. Click

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Sorry Nick, you are a day late and a dollar short, bribe has already been offered and accepted, but that still leaves you a chance at 2nd or 3rd place.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Okay so a larger counter bribe is in order. You know what they say about second place. FIRST LOSER. Mad
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ha! I bring a large can of nitro methane. See you at the finish, suckers!

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Futile, my man.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Boarding the plane at 12:40 on my way to the Bywaters Plantation to pick up the Command Center.

On Wednesday Bywaters, his wife and mother in his SOB and myself in the Command Center will then proceed to Knoxville to meet up with Jim and Tere and arrive at the GTG sometime Thursday.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
It has occurred to me , before, during or after Mary Ray is done with your collective asses on the go cart track, some one may be hungry. I profess to be a half ass cook that can make one great pulled pork. How does that sound for a lunch. sound off I've still got tuesday to smoke it. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I love pulled pork but I don't think Mary is going to have much of an appetite.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Well we can top the pulled pork with a nice cheese cake and Crown Royal or white wine.

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Except for the small D-Day load, StaRV II is loaded and ready for her 18-day field trip. I hate it when she starts snorting and pawing the ground...Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Our Friend Mary has safely made it to Virginia and will spend the day getting aquanted with her Command Center!

We look forward to hitting the road tomarrow morning!

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
September GTG

Not sure how the rest of the states you folks are on route from to the GTG but Deb and I left Florida yesterday to head home on some personal maters and quite a few of the service stations including the big ones Flying J etc. were out of fuel or rationing it to 50gals. When we arrive home about 3 in the morning a few of the stations in our area had run out and were waitng on tankers.

We are heading out again to Alabama through Chattanooga and will advise how things are there this evening.

You folks have agreat time and be carefull on the road. Truckers arn't to happy about the fuel situation.

Rusty --fill-er-up

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
latest update on "THE TOY".After repairs and tune ups, etc. Brought it home and had a family emergency so a week was lost in time.Several days ago started to make preprations for the GTG and all starter batteries were totally dead.We managed to charge the batteries enough to get it started, took it back to the shop. Due to the shop's work load we are hoping it might be repaired by later today or tomorrow at the latest.It will be a rat race to make it to Choo Choo land by Thursday.If not will do the best we can.

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Oh, Nick you need to worry about your own dinner plans, I am going to be fine. ROTFLMAO

Mary

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Mary, I was just getting a little worried about you. I have heard how bad and emotional a big disappointment can be after such great anticipation. Smiler
Nick