Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Trust me, I am watching the calendar. Just got back from 5 days in Branson, MO. (a practice run) and a couple more trips close to home before the Big Trip. I will be flying to Flint Hill, VA., to get my "New" Barth then to Knoxville to meet up with Jim and Tere and then on to Chattanooga. I have been practicing my go-cart skills for the challenge at the track.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Would that be Flint Hill International or Flint Hill regional airport....;^)

The "Mary Ray Barth Conference Center" will be ready to roll by September!

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thought I would just skydive onto the Plantation, save you from having to pick me up at the airport.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
If all goes as planned we will be leaving Ft. Knox, KY on thursday. If anyone else is traveling that day and wants to meet up in route, please let me know.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I posted the reply below to the GTG in Wales, Ma. this year and beings not all will read it, decided to copy it and post it here also:

Bill,
Wish Kathleen and I could make it this year, but prior committments and time constraints will not allow it. Hopefully we will be able to catch up to everyone next time....
Bruce
p.s. We won't be able to make the other gathering in Tenn. either. I would love to see the two rallies combine into one next year at a gathering point that would be somewhat equal distance for all, like maybe in the West Virginia,Virginia or Maryland area? Something to ponder....

Not trying to step on any toes, just trying to get a thought pattern going for next year.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, we certainly wish that you could make one or 'tuther of the GTGs. Actually, I plead guilty to suggesting the further-south/east-coast GTG, and Nick Cagle was kind enough to get things rolling, and Sky, DannyZ, and others generously offered input.

The reason for the TN location is that it's relatively accessible for many of us in the South, whereas Massachusetts is a long three-day trip for many of us. Chattanooga is a medium one-day for me and most of the other attendees.

And there's DannyZ's December GTG in west central FL.

A central GTG combining the best of both is certainly intriguing, for me at least, being retired and unencumbered by obligations other than my two Golden Retrievers (who are not spoiled), who travel with me everywhere (currently we're ensconced in a friend's yard west of Akron, OH), and from here we go to the Green Bank (WV) National Radio Astronomy Observatory.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Time is getting close and I really want to win that go cart race. Been trying to get the grandkids to to let Papaw do a Tim Allen and rewire the cart. Thought maybe a 350 small block might do the trick, but can't decide between two four barrels, fuel injection, or maybe an old school Jimmy 6-71 blower. And Transmissions, are a problem automatic or stick?? 5 speed or 6 speed. And less than three months to make all these decisions and get it ready.

SEE YA AT THE TRACK Violence

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I have the TROPHY!!!!!! Any bets on who will take it home with them?

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
71 Days and counting Smiler
To paraphrase a current ad campaign:
  • Cost of Fuel round trip from Augusta-$650.00
  • Cost of campground for a week-$150.00
  • Cost of food and entertainment-$300.00
  • Spending time with other Barth owners and friends- PRICELESS

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Nick, you are so right about being priceless. This is a once in a lifetime chance (well maybe twice)and I have been saving money, and with some help from someone that I have never met in person, I will be able to arrive in my Barth after flying to Virginia to pick it up. I am getting excited about seeing other Barth's and of course the really nice people that own them.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute, Mary. If you bring the newest addition to your stable, you definitely won't win the "Ugliest Barth" contest. What a predicament!!

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Don't bet on it, you haven't seen this one yet Wink
she ain't purdy either although the color is better.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Hi I was hoping to make it to the GTG but flights from Thailand to NY are full until Sept 14th, then a few days at my brothers place and down to Florida to get Jeff's Monarch. I will not be able to get to the event, but would like to get to the next one if possible.

Tom Loughney

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have some bad news.

I will not be there...

...on the 18th. Big Grin

My flight had been rescheduled for later in the day and instead of showing up around 9pm, I opted to reschedule for the next day and to change airports.

With the added cost of fuel, it is cheaper to fly into CHA instead of ATL. The cost for fuel in a 12 passenger van, to drive from ATL to CHA and then back again, made this a no brainer. Plus, I won't need to spend an addition 2.5 hrs driving each way.

I fly into Chattanooga on Friday, 19 and I leave on Monday, 22. I have a 12 passenger Budget E-350 Van. You should see me around noon'ish. Wink

Do I need to stop for lunch, or can I count on some food and beverages? Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I am sure we can furnish food and drink for our "Fearless Leader".

Mary