Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth on Ebay - 460 Pusher
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
As if these people don't already know this! Violence It would seem to me that this is a clear case of fraud. But my experience with Ebay, which included a certified letter to the president, indicates that they don't give a damn.

I think it's more a case of eBay staff being completely overwhelmed and unable to keep up with (and research) all of the legitimate vs. illegitimate fraud claims they receive. That's again why it's SO important for buyers to do their own research and know exactly what they are purchasing. You certainly cannot depend on eBay to ensure that every seller is being 100% truthful in their listings.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Didn't sell. High bid $10,501.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I bet that $12,100 from 5/26 must be looking pretty good now.

Too bad we don't know who "Would Have Won It" hmm

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
And you can't help but wonder if any of these bids are 'real'.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Dogonnit! Here I am trying to misrepresent a motorhome so I can sell it for twice what it's worth, and these nosy do-gooders at Barthmobile keep screwing it up! What do you think? Close?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all.

I've been looking for a motorhome to haul my racecar around the country and to use at the track. I was the high bidder on this (and met reserve) a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, after I won, I found this site and all the more "real" information concerning the coach. I pointed all this out to the seller and he offered to take off the price of 5 tires since he was already buying a new one (the one that did not hold air). Between that and the bent hydraulic leveler mount (part of the chassis), I decided not to spend the money. I received a non-payment strike from the seller, which Ebay removed within a day of my complaint of probable fraud.

In any case, I really like these Barths a lot and will continue to look for one. It will need to be able to haul a 5000 lb trailer, which the gas pusher might have a difficult time doing anyway. Thanks for maintaining this website.

Posts: 3 | Location: Northeast US | Member Since: 06-15-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Here I am trying to misrepresent a motorhome so I can sell it for twice what it's worth, and these nosy do-gooders at Barthmobile keep screwing it up! What do you think? Close?
You nailed it Danny. Computer

I have no problem with anyone making a buck. I have no problem with someone selling the coach for more than it's worth. In a fair auction, what it's worth is subjective to what someone is willing to pay above the other person. Besides... who am I to decide what it's worth?

But... to misrepresent the coach as a more expensive model, and then expect me to be quite about it, is another thing altogether. nono

List it as a Regal - list its faults - do not list it as No-Reserve and do not have the same person win it 2x in a row only to back out of it both times...

Do all that... aka: The right thing, and you won't have anyone giving him a hard time. The biggest gripe we have with this seller is his inability to "Play Nice"
quote:
Originally posted by Jake and Suz:
Thanks for maintaining this website.
Welcome to our site and I'm happy it worked out well for you. Glad you like our little corner of the web. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Jake and Suz, welcome to Barthmobile. This site is like no other I've ever run across. People have become friends here. There is an incredible amount of expertize. And look at all the 'Get Togethers'!!
I would strongly suggest you look at diesels pushers if you're going to pull a 5000# trailer. If it were me, I'd stay with at least a Cummins 300 with a 6-speed. Perhaps some of the others with diesel pushers can chime in on the size of the engine and capabilities of the transmission. You are right on about the 460 pusher being 'challenged' to pull a 5000# trailer. I drove the Barth you bid on and it had a hard time pulling itself. Of course, it was a heavy chassis to begin with.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Currently at $113.61......If at first you don't succeed........ Ooops

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...rms=65%3A-1%7C39%3A1

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Well, the 3rd time, 4th time, 5th time, & 6th time were not the charm. We'll have to wait and see if the 7th time is the charm.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Jake & Suz,

Welcome to the Barth site. You will find friends here. You will also see good coaches pass by. Yours will be among them. Have a little patience, don't be afraid to ask other members their opinions, and enjoy the trip.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Asylum, er, Forums.

Check the Barth for Sale, as there's a dandy 36' Regency for sale in FL.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the welcome messages. I'll keep looking for that diesel!

Posts: 3 | Location: Northeast US | Member Since: 06-15-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Well it's getting cheaper each time. The fifth listing ended with a high bid of $12,100 on May 26,2009. The sixth listing brought a high bid of $10,501 on July 12, 2009. The seventh listing ended today with a high bid of $8,850. At this rate the 10th list should bring a high bid of about $2,500.

Nick

Picture of Diane & Wayne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, the 3rd time, 4th time, 5th time, & 6th time were not the charm. We'll have to wait and see if the 7th time is the charm.

Hi folks,

Well it closed today and didn't hit the reserve at $8850.00 so evidently the 7th time wasn't the charm. Smiler
By way of introduction my man and I are boxer breeder/exhibitors who have severely outgrown our 24' 1985 class C Tioga which we use for dog shows primarily in the northeast and occasionally in the southeast. We went to see this Barth last week and have also looked at other class A rigs in this size and price range and we're finding ourselves real turned off to fiberglass rigs.
We both have a great love and appreciation for older well crafted items, ergo Barths certainly fit our taste.
We would not be towing any vehicles, but we would be carrying dogs, crates, show gear and personal items, thus I don't "think" we would have a weight issue on a gas pusher such as this, but feel free to "weight" in on this. Smiler
Assuming I can get this seller to "get real" on a fair price (albeit it's a big assumption from all I've read here LOL),what costs would I be undertaking in regard to:
Replacing the cracked windshield?
Repairing the bent hydraulic jack?
Repairing or replacing the torn awning?
Repairing or replacing the rear A/C which is not working and anything else that was observed by those who have seen this Barth?
I'm cognizant that there will be many more costs to outfit and customize it for our use, but that I'm not concerned with at this time. We've renovated houses so we have an idea about those costs. It's the immediate glaring issues that concern us, so please advise. Feel free to email privately if you'd like. Many thanks for reading this long post. This site is indeed awesome!
Warmest regards, Diane Smiler

Posts: 24 | Location: Staten Island & the Catskills, NY | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post