Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
A gas pusher? Sorry--Ugh!
Jim

Yeah, you're probably right. Between the power and cooling issues, I might be biting off more than I could chew.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
He is persistent. Listed for the fifth time. But hey, the Buy it Now price has been reduced from $15,500 to only $15,000.
One more One more time
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Looks like it is going to sell this time around. Bid of $12,500 has met the reserve!!!!

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Looks that way Nick, but didn't the same unit "sell" at least one other time, and it somehow "failed" the road test, or am I just dreaming......

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
You're right, Tina. Jack bought it but after a two day, hands on look, decided it wasn't for him. I would be interested what the owner did to make it more attractive. Maybe we'll see the new owner here someday

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim, thought I'd remembered that, but was also possible that I was having a "senior moment".
As you said, maybe the new owner will find all to be well (hope so for his sake) and visit.....

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Wonder who k***e might be. The fourth time this coach was listed on Ebay the final bid was $7,000 made a few days before the auction ended.
Fourth listing

The last bid on the current listing is also by k***e for $12,500.
current bid
And this just happened to be enough to meet the reserve.

Nick

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Good catch Nick, I wonder how long he'll wait this time to relist it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Danny found it listed again!!!

Gas Pusher is Back
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
...I wonder how long he'll wait this time to relist it.
The answer is, long enough that it will not show up in a Past Ebay Sold Search: The wait is over...
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
The last bid on the current listing is also by k***e for $12,500.
Will history repeat itself? k***e

If not him, will it be someone with less than 30 days as a member of the "Ebait" Community?
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere 04-30-2009:
I don't think I remember any Barth taking up so much space on the Web site...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Will history repeat itself? k***e

Keep in mind that with eBay's new "anonymous buyer" display, k***e may not be the same buyer even though you see that name displayed on multiple auctions. The true username could be "rvbob" for all we know. Only the seller can see the buyer's username, and the eBay displayed name that we see has no relation to the actual username. At least that's been my experience thus far, since the display format changed.

quote:
If not him, will it be someone with less than 30 days as a member of the "Ebait" Community?

That very well could be. If the listings are being unfairly "boosted" in some way, that will be obvious regardless of who the buyer ends up being.

No buyer has to worry about the price getting jacked up, if they only bid what they are willing to pay. That just makes good sense no matter what the item happens to be. There will always be scammers out there, the trick is taking steps so YOU do not become a victim.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottydl:
At least that's been my experience thus far, since the display format changed.
Since the display format changed there seems to be more game playing over there.

In my experience, when I see the same coach get relisted, I see the same players with the same letters/numbers and ***. You can tell it's the same person because their feedback rating/score still stays the same.
quote:
No buyer has to worry about the price getting jacked up, if they only bid what they are willing to pay. There will always be scammers out there, the trick is taking steps so YOU do not become a victim.
Couldn't agree with you more.

The adage: "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck" comes to mind whenever I see this coach listed.
quote:
After an auction has received bids, information cannot be removed from the listing (which I assume includes changing the subject line). It can only added to the bottom of the listing (with a time/date stamp) like the seller did.
So why does he keeps claiming a mistake with listing it as "No Reserve"? once... twice... three times... Anyone buying that? Roll Eyes

I hate to sound like I'm dumping on this coach... I'm not and I don't ever remember telling anyone it's a bad coach. Heck, for all I know it could be a great coach, but the reports from long time members of our community who have seen and driven this coach does not support this. I hope when someone does win it they come on to our site and tell us what a great coach it is.

But... So far, we are batting 100% with our Stink-O-Meter. java

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Keep in mind that with eBay's new "anonymous buyer" display, k***e may not be the same buyer even though you see that name displayed on multiple auctions. The true username could be "rvbob" for all we know. Only the seller can see the buyer's username, and the eBay displayed name that we see has no relation to the actual username. At least that's been my experience thus far, since the display format changed.
I thought about this some more... so I went onto eBay and decided to investigate further. I won, and lost on these auctions. I'm the guy with 275 feedbacks.
o***l (275)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

I figured 7 was enough to see a pattern. All others were the same too. Some were for my biz, some for pleasure, some were for my son, some were bid so I could track it without really intending to win. Computer
quote:
Since the display format changed there seems to be more game playing over there.

In my experience, when I see the same coach get relisted, I see the same players with the same letters/numbers and ***. You can tell it's the same person because their feedback rating/score still stays the same.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
The adage: "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck" comes to mind whenever I see this coach listed.

But... So far, we are batting 100% with our Stink-O-Meter. java

Sounds absolutely true in this case!

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
With less than 8 hours to go I received an email from an ebay member.
quote:
What is so wrong with this Breakaway?
Well, to start, it's not a Breakaway.
quote:
But, the seller told me it was a Breakaway.
I informed her of the data tag project and that this is actually a Regal.

She then cited the pictures that say Breakaway

photobucket.com/albums/ss203/cofolecheo/Barth%20Motorhome/1989BarthBreakaway003.jpg

From his photobucket account.

I informed her of constant misrepresentation by various sellers... some blatant lies and others being honest mistakes. Seeing that I know, that he knows it's a Regal... I'll let you figure out which type of seller he is. head bang

Here are his additional photos of this coach for your preview. She was right... most, not all, say Breakaway in the descriptive part of the link structure.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
As if these people don't already know this! Violence It would seem to me that this is a clear case of fraud. But my experience with Ebay, which included a certified letter to the president, indicates that they don't give a damn.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post