Tools
Reply To This Topic

31' 1995 Regal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
It's now on Ebay, but not by Arbogast RV. And the seller is being very forthright about some of the discrepancies that the dealer was not so forthright about.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Linkie

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Linkie

thank ye

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I sent a message to the person who is listing this on Ebay. The way he responded indicated that he bought it from the dealer while it was on consignment and was reselling it. Does not seem to be the dealer's salesman/owner who had it while it was at Arbogast RV

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Confused seems like a hot potato

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Considering what Bill NY said about the early Duramax engines, I'd say that 'hot potato' is a mild term. More like a 'Smokin' Hot Texas Chili Burrito' Mischief

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

posted Hide Post
Hi All
Just wanted to add it's currently on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...item2a2a2c8ba0#v4-47

starting bid:$22,977, no bids yet ends Weds 3/13
Buy it now: $26,977

Cheers cheers

Posts: 77 | Location: Seattle, Wa | Member Since: 04-30-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bidding ended on March 13th with no bids. D'oh

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

posted Hide Post
hello you all.I am a new member interested in purchasing a used Barth. Saw this one on ebay, missed out. Tracked it down to this sight. I am also interested in purchasing it if anyone can help out. Not listed on the dealers web sight. Maybe already gone?

Posts: 8 | Location: oregon/ wash | Member Since: 03-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Jim. Just saw your note. Yes I am interested in this unit, any info you can send me/advice would be appreciated. My home email is swparker@shaw.ca

Posts: 8 | Location: oregon/ wash | Member Since: 03-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry dont know what a PM is!

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobbilucia:
sorry dont know what a PM is!

Private Message

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello Jim. Just saw your note. Yes I am interested in this unit, any info you can send me/advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Forums!

It would be worthwhile to review this thread concerning the coach's drivetrain. The engine is of a problem-filled vintage, and the various sellers have been evasive about the engine.

Any buyer of this coach should factor in the likelihood of - possibly chronic - major engine work.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean like getting rid of it entirely ! Make it disappear

posted Hide Post
Makes you wonder why someone would go to all the trouble and install an engine with known faults?