Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1966 20 Ft TT
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We're now members of the Mary Ray Society.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Well, congratulations. Is it home yet? Which one you gonna bring to nick's? I will be bringing mine although it is barely usable, but hoping I can get lots of ideas on how to fix what needs to be fixed.

See you in a few days. Big Grin

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Mary Ray - The auction just ended today. We'll pick it up after Nick's. SD has some work that has to be done this week. See you soon!

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Congratulations, not sure if we make it to Nicks. Hope to see you and the new "family member" soon.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Just got home with the trailer. Had a smooth trip thanks to awesome directions from Marvin and Doris. I made it from Lakeville IN past Beckley WV yesterday, Sherrie found me a campground called Shady Rest RV Park and the folks there waited for me to get there well past 9 pm. I didn't level or hook up anything, just went to sleep. I woke up about 3 am this morning and thought I could get home before Sherrie left for work. I didn't make it home before she left, but I was able to meet her on the way to work so she could see the trailer.

I'll post some pics later.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the "two Barth owner club".

So glad you had a safe and uneventful trip home, and I am looking forward to pics of your new "house on wheels".

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you had a safe trip home. Looking forward to the pictures!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Here's a slideshow of a few pics.

here's a link to the slideshow

Note, the mp4 slideshow I made doesn't seem to work embedded here, I'll make another one.

Bill_NY, I have alot of original documents, I'll get them scanned and send you copies.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to a directory of a bunch of pics.

http://www.williammitchellstud...th_1966_trailer_web/

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Cool... Looks to be in better shape than your first one. Did you happen to get a pic of the trailer stamp yet? Is there a tag by the doorframe on this one?

Congrats William on a successful trip and thanks for thinking about copying this stuff for our files. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Yea Bill, this one has a data tag and a tongue stamp.

We got a brochure and a price list from 1970 (we're guessing Barth mailed these to the owners and they saved it) and instructions for most of the systems.

It is in better shape than our other one. Sherrie and I spent some time yesterday afternoon checking it out and we're really pleased with it.

When I was hooking it up I took the caps off the spindles and the grease in there was bright red and still firm, so I left the bearings alone and hit the road. I did have to replace one tailight before I could go. Like our other trailer it is the smoothest pulling thing you have ever seen. It has 6 lug 15" wheels instead of the 5 lug 14's the old trailer has.

The Expedition earned it's hill climbing merit badge coming home on I-64 thru West Va.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24