Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bad Weather
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Like MWrench, I had headwinds of 25-35 mph the first day to south of Perry. I stayed in 3rd most of the way. The second day to home was a bit more restrained, 15-25. We've had Lake Wind Advisories every day since I got home Tuesday. The ugly radar image that looked like we were going to get hammered last night disappeared, and we didn't even get rain.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Last night, about 9 PM, I got a call from my daughter (we live on her farm), to come home right away. We were at friends for a small group Bible study. A twister touched down on the farm, tore the roof off one of our gathering sheds, completely destroyed a $5000, 1000 LB, play house and swing set we set up for the grand kids, ripped about two dozen trees up, and scattered hunks of broken metal roofing all over the 35 acres. No one was hurt, and the only accident was a pretty bad gash on one of the horses legs from a piece of flying metal. Folks across the street lost their entire barn. It was a wild night, rounding up the horses and getting them all in the barn. The thing blew the fence apart in several areas, so we spent today making temporary repairs so we could put the horses back out to pasture. Will be in bed early tonight. This is a little too much for an old man.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I really, really hate twisters. You saw what one did to my hangar and airplane a while back. Good thing you weren't home... confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I watched the news coverage about Monroe County and was thinking about you and Tere, hoping you did not have damage and injuries
It is scary how much damage can be done in a few minutes.
I have seen a train laid over by straightline winds and rows of telephone poles snapped in half (in the desert). And will never forget how Greensburg KS looked after the twister. Scary. Stay safe.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere, sorry to hear about your damage -- what a mess. All that you describe should be covered by insurance, except the horse.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A shame about the damage, but no one was hurt and it could have been much worse.

I came through Birmingham and Tuscaloosa the day before the 2011 tornadoes.

Scary stuff.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
We were very fortunate. A few yards one way or the other and it would have hit our daughter's house, our shop and our apartment in the main garage. And a few inches higher and we would have had to put down a horse. Meg (our daughter) said she had been praying for safety all day, having heard the forecast for bad weather. Answered prayers Smiler

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
When is winter finally over this year? Confused

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
When is winter finally over this year? Confused

It ain't over around here! The yard was bare yesterday, but the snow banks are 1 ft and the lake is still frozen... head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
88° here yesterday; 54° today. Denver is warmer.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
88° here yesterday; 54° today. Denver is warmer.

72 yesterday...55 at 3:45pm rather moistWink

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Mother Nature's belated April Fools jest Tonka and a least a few of her Minnesota relatives are likely to emerge from hibernation a few weeks later than normal this year.

Friday, April 19, 2013, 6:30 am. Around 12 inches of the really heavy wet stuff.

Not complaining, it is Minnesota afterall. Does anyone know of any posts that show how to mount a highway snow plow on a Barth. Wink

Hope everyone is doing well,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post