Tools
Reply To This Topic

Burning man
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I know some of you make the pilgrimage so thought I'd share this link with you. Some Day!!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...html?utm_hp_ref=arts

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to going up to a mountain top or maybe sitting on the seashore at sunset, and thinking about your life. If you stay until dark, you'll see the most spectacular light show in the universe. The most beautiful things in life have been traded in for LED's.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Danny. Before it was posted here previously, I had never heard of Burning Man. Of course, from the name I didn't have a clue. In fact, I sounded rather macabre. But the pictures of the various apparatus have intrigued me. wish it were not so far away.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatever happened to going up to a mountain top or maybe sitting on the seashore at sunset, and thinking about your life. If you stay until dark, you'll see the most spectacular light show in the universe.

So true ! .and so less complicated.
D.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
quote:
Whatever happened to going up to a mountain top or maybe sitting on the seashore at sunset, and thinking about your life. If you stay until dark, you'll see the most spectacular light show in the universe.

So true ! .and so less complicated.
D.

It can be nice to witness the artistic talents of man, as well as those of our creator.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I think the most spectacular light show Barb and I have ever seen was on a camping trip to the Cherokee Hills many years ago.

As I drove up to the this State(or Federal) campgrounds, it looked like tin can city with people on motoscooters and the kids running around with boomboxes. Barb & I looked at each other with "NO WAY" across our faces. I asked the Park Ranger is there's another campsite or campgrounds around here. He gave us directions to a primitive campsite and advise us to use caution as the road was narrow and on the edge of of some very steep hills(?) and "oh yes" sign in at the sign as a Ranger will check at least once a day to see your safe. We arrived in this vally next to a running brook. After the sun went down and we were in total darkness with no visible lights anywhere, we looked up to see billions of stars and yes it was the best light show in had ever seen.
On top of that there was only one other camper about a half mile away.

Jim & Barb Smiler

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The competition???? A ~loose~ East Coast alternative to the Burning Man event but it might be ok for those who want a bit of fun. Redneck Resort Mud Park Resort event being held this weekend @ exit 60 off of I-75 the Sweetwater,TN exit half way between Knoxville & Chattanooga.
it seems to be getting a lot of attention.

http://www.redneckresorts.com/home.html

Anyone going?

No we are not planning to go but we may drive by.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I would love to fly over Burning Man at night, low and slow... wow what a show that would be! Superman

Best fireworks I ever saw were the ones I basically flew through one night. Local municipal fireworks, I flew right past at the same altitude about 1/4 mile to one side. Spectacular! lit up the cockpit.

Made me think of those poor buggers over Europe in WWII flying through the flak, very scary... confusion

Made a few low passes over Houghton Lake during Tip-up Town one Feb. I was so tempted to land on the ice. As I flew over the ice at about 15 ft, I saw a helmet next to my wheel! Some wild man in a snowmobile doing over 90 mph! And I'm the crazy one?

Something really slow (ultralight?) would be awesome to check out Burning man.

Nemos video last year was amazing...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5193 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Believe me, it is a little bit more than a light show Wink

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:

As I flew over the ice at about 15 ft, I saw a helmet next to my wheel! Some wild man in a snowmobile doing over 90

You must have made the guy wet himself

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Back in June, enroute to Milford II, I stumbled across Bonnaroo - also something like Burning Man on a much smaller scale.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Quote: (Mogan David)

You must have made the guy wet himself

Actually I was the one surprised! He was trying to intercept and run with me, which he did for 3 miles on the ice! 90-95 mph.
At one point he could almost touch my wheel, then waved and turned away. confusion
(The lake is seven miles long.)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5193 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And it ends, as usual!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually I was the one surprised! He was trying to intercept and run with me, which he did for 3 miles on the ice! 90-95 mph.

When I sold Beechcraft and American Aviation planes, we would do weekend show-and-tells at various airports. The usual flight was a Yankee, a Traveller (both 2-seaters) and a Patriot or Tiger (4 -place); I took my Bonanza because I had room for all the marketing gear. I finally figured out I didn't have to S turn behind them by dropping the gear, 10° flaps, and opening the cowl flaps, I could drag along at 100 mph...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke