Tools
Reply To This Topic

Drinking and driving
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted
This is from the moderator of my scooter club forum:

With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before. I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage, I don't know what to do with it

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
hide nono ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5190 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Really? How about show a little compassion for the families that lost loved ones due to some idiot driving after a "social session",(over 10K automobile related deaths in 2011 where alcohol imparied drivers were involved). It's way past time to quit making light of the weaknesses of a few that can affect so many. There are boat loads of subject matter to make a funny about....expand your horizons.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelR:
Really? How about show a little compassion for the families that lost loved ones due to some idiot driving after a "social session",(over 10K automobile related deaths in 2011 where alcohol imparied drivers were involved). It's way past time to quit making light of the weaknesses of a few that can affect so many. There are boat loads of subject matter to make a funny about....expand your horizons.

I infer that you think it to be a true story. How sad. We joke about all sorts of things that may have a tragic side.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You mean like my addiction? (Barth addiction, can't stop working on it and then I post pictures of it on the internet!..) confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5190 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I’ve had many requests for my Special Brandy Christmas Cake recipe so here goes.

Pease keep in your files as I am beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!!)

1 cup sugar,

1 tsp.baking powder,
1 cup water,

1 tsp. salt ,

1 cup brown sugar,

lemon juice,

4 large eggs,

Nuts,

1 bottle Brandy,

2 cups dried fruit.

Method:-
1. Sample a cup of Brandy to check quality.
2. Take a large bowl, check the Brandy again to be sure it is of the highest quality then Repeat.

3. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.

At this point, it is best to make sure the Brandy is still OK. Try another cup just in case.
. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

5. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it.

6. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver Sample the Brandy to test for tonsisticity.

7. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the Brandy. Now shit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.

8. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

9. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the Brandy and wipe the counter.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
java ROTFLMAO
I think the neighbors heard me laughing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
9. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the Brandy and wipe the counter

And I didn't drive anywhere.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Nope didn't in the least bit take it as fact. Took it and your reply as just a lack-luster gesture with a little cavalier attitude thrown in to boot. Actually heard the same joke years ago,(was during my teen years). Was funny at the time, but the audience was deficient in maturity due to their age.

Enough said.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I was impressed...

We made it through the elections without a single incident... Now, everyone should be drinking heavily. Some in celebration, others to drown out their loss. Big Grin

The telling of a joke should not be met with ridicule or indignation. I've heard this same joke but the matter of conveyance was by a much larger vehicle.
quote:
I went out with some friends last night and tied one on. I got really plastered.

Knowing that I was wasted, I did something that I have never done before. I took the bus home.

I arrived safe and warm, which seemed really surprising as I have never driven a bus before.

Come on - lighten up a little. Please, for my sanity. nono

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
I'll drink to that.

Cool

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cheersA Yuengling toast to our "Fearless Leader"! Thumbs Up

http://www.yuengling.com/

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Bought 2 cases of Yuengling last week for variety in the company Christmas party. Wonederfull stuff. They do not yet cary it in Mi. so whenever I have a job in Ohio I grab as much as I can before Tina gives me grief for "wasting money". I would think this is oxymoronic but she still wins somehow and so I limit the purchase to two.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post