Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Will LED flashlights go bad if not used in a long time?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Will LED flashlights go bad if not used in a long time?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have about 10 LED flashlights. ranging from cheap ones to expensive ones. my question is if i take the batteries OUT of them and just put the flashlights away, will it cause them any damage by not being used?

Posts: 10 | Location: Dallas, Texas USA | Member Since: 12-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
They should last a very long time if you keep them dry and under 200 degrees. (They don't mind cold, I've seen them work in liquid nitrogen) confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5193 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Any device with a switch is happier with frequent use. Most contacts will oxidize when deprived of the wiping action of on and off cycles. We all know how flashlights have always required shaking now and then, just to wipe the contacts clean. This does not apply any more or any less to LED flashlights, though.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post