Tools
Reply To This Topic

Too stoopid for the Internet
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Once again I've proven to myself that I have no rights whatsoever to be allowed near anything with a keyboard, mouse, and monitor in the same room.
My past regrettable efforts involved a digital camera on Ebay, which I could have written off for the rippoff price, but I was stupid enough to ship it back and get another piece of junk, which they wanted me to send back at my expense again, so no, lesson learned, no Ebay. Never again!
On to today's lesson. Suzy wants to go back to Michigan to visit her family. OK I get on travelos$%#ty and find a flight. I miss a date on the postage stamp size calender by a week, and I don't catch it until after finalizing the reservation. OOPS, hey, I hit the wrong date. No problem, it'll just cost you 140 bucks more! For a 340 buck ticket! So another lesson learned. If you happen to hit the wrong button and don't catch it yourself, you're SCREWED. And don't think Apu in customer relations is going to help, he just irritates you with unintelligable garble till you scream and hang up.
My point? I guess I don't get my post cards or coasters, or the greeting cards with our pride and joy portrayed so beautifully by Bill, because I'm too dam stupid to figure out how to buy things "on line".
OK, that's my vent for now, and PLEASE look at all the cool stuff in "the store".
http://www.cafepress.com/barthmobile

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK I get on travelos$%#ty and find a flight. I miss a date on the postage stamp size calender by a week, and I don't catch it until after finalizing the reservation.
Yep, he's right... It's postage sized.

quote:
I guess I don't get my post cards or coasters, or the greeting cards with our pride and joy portrayed so beautifully by Bill...

So that it doesn't sound like Danny has lost his mind, and to give a little more context to this last statement.

I have tweaked our Front Page at Barthmobile.com. I showed Danny what I did with his coach, he made a general comment that it would look good on some postcards. I went to our Barthmobile store and made him a few personalized coasters, a keepsake box and post cards.

I was going to set something up and make a store on the site to try and supplement the income stream to Barthmobile.com without asking for donations. The ultimate goal is to make the site more "self supporting" instead of relying heavily on the "current caretaker" & donation stream that is supporting our site now.

Thank you to our group of 's who have helped me pay to keep the lights on. The webhosting fees, site registration fees, the increase in file size and have to pay another fee because that's the rules fee, etc.

So, now that the "cats out of the bag" and I haven't had a real opportunity to set this up yet, what do you think?

1)The front page with the rotating screen shots of our coaches?

2)The idea of an actual store on our site? Not in the forums. It would be linked off of the front page. Right now it goes "Off Site".

3)The real reason you're reading this anyway... Danny's dilema? Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post