Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Rust spots on stove
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rust spots on stove
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Any suggestions on removing rust spots on stainless steel stove? I've read using cream of tarter and lemon juice in a paste, has anyone tried that?

Posts: 10 | Location: Ocala, Florida | Member Since: 12-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Try using a product called Bartenders Friend. I scrubbed down our stainless refrigerator (45 years old) in the Barth with steel wool; then I tried Bartenders Friend. The steel wool was a waste of effort. The Bartenders Friend dissolves the rust all on its own.

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Never use steel wool on stainless steel. If it is a good grade (T-304 or T-316) you will do little more than scratch it. If it is a cheaper grade you can leave minute particles of steel in the pours of the stainless. Over time this will cause visible rust to form. Bartenders' Friend is a good product and leaves stainless very passive to tarnish or rust.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Try using a product called Bartenders Friend. I scrubbed down our stainless refrigerator (45 years old) in the Barth with steel wool; then I tried Bartenders Friend. The steel wool was a waste of effort. The Bartenders Friend dissolves the rust all on its own.
man fiddlesticks,now i see a post about cleaning a stove,ive spent probably 2 weeks with steel wool on stove tops hinged cover,rusted real bad,was tempted to take grinder to,it is looking better now though,oven and stovetop in working condition,tried out propane side of refrigerator,appears to be working,the igniter rod is missing ,so far no kabbooms!

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
when we were in Elkhart Ind THE guys found one for me at rv salvage they have a lot of salvage shops there , I could not get off the rust. First use rust out(or any rust remover it will help) then wipe.If you can find Glitz in a tube try that. Did a lot of die polishing in my time.
lenny
PS I was ready to buy a stove about $150

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post