Barthmobile Portal
Rust spots on stove

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/964104613

07-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Jeri
Rust spots on stove
Any suggestions on removing rust spots on stainless steel stove? I've read using cream of tarter and lemon juice in a paste, has anyone tried that?
07-18-2010, 06:48 PM
StinkyDaddy
Try using a product called Bartenders Friend. I scrubbed down our stainless refrigerator (45 years old) in the Barth with steel wool; then I tried Bartenders Friend. The steel wool was a waste of effort. The Bartenders Friend dissolves the rust all on its own.

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com
07-18-2010, 08:40 PM
DougZ
Never use steel wool on stainless steel. If it is a good grade (T-304 or T-316) you will do little more than scratch it. If it is a cheaper grade you can leave minute particles of steel in the pours of the stainless. Over time this will cause visible rust to form. Bartenders' Friend is a good product and leaves stainless very passive to tarnish or rust.

W4JDZ
09-13-2010, 11:20 PM
greg
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Try using a product called Bartenders Friend. I scrubbed down our stainless refrigerator (45 years old) in the Barth with steel wool; then I tried Bartenders Friend. The steel wool was a waste of effort. The Bartenders Friend dissolves the rust all on its own.
man fiddlesticks,now i see a post about cleaning a stove,ive spent probably 2 weeks with steel wool on stove tops hinged cover,rusted real bad,was tempted to take grinder to,it is looking better now though,oven and stovetop in working condition,tried out propane side of refrigerator,appears to be working,the igniter rod is missing ,so far no kabbooms!
09-15-2010, 04:42 PM
lenny and judy
when we were in Elkhart Ind THE guys found one for me at rv salvage they have a lot of salvage shops there , I could not get off the rust. First use rust out(or any rust remover it will help) then wipe.If you can find Glitz in a tube try that. Did a lot of die polishing in my time.
lenny
PS I was ready to buy a stove about $150

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B