Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Barth provided CB radio
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth provided CB radio
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
Mine does nothing. I was wondering if they were any good when the do work?

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Depending on where you are, there might not be anybody on air......i have driven as far as 400 miles and never heard a soul. Anymore, all of the truck drivers are on their cellphones. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Channel 19 for truckers. Just go near a truckstop and you wish it would not work. Some real idiots some time on the air. Otherwise good for "bear reports" and traffic jams. Like shadowman said, everyone is on Sirius or Cellphone.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
My son is an owner/operator and complains about them being on the cellphones or listening to something other than the CB and then when there are problem, they are asking around as to what is going on . His ex-father-in-law is a trucker to and in listening to him talk about his experiences, there is a lot of value to the CB when there are bad road conditions. etc.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom taylor:
My son is an owner/operator and complains about them being on the cellphones...
As of Jan 4th the fines for truckers are STEEP.

If a commercial truck driver is caught talking on a "hand-held" cell phone, they are looking at about $2,700 in fines. It doesn't stop with the driver... The driver's employer could face up to $11,000 in fines as well.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
quote:
Originally posted by tom taylor:
My son is an owner/operator and complains about them being on the cellphones...
As of Jan 4th the fines for truckers are STEEP.

If a commercial truck driver is caught talking on a "hand-held" cell phone, they are looking at about $2,700 in fines. It doesn't stop with the driver... The driver's employer could face up to $11,000 in fines as well.

Is that a federal or state law?

Enforcement could be difficult.........In a semi truck cab, if the driver has enough sense to hold the phone in his right hand, it will be hard to detect from the left side of a typical sedan.

I would like to see extra stiff fines like that for SUV drivers, too. As a motorcycle and bicycle rider, I get to see a lot, and the most dangerous vehicle is a black expensive SUV with tinted windows, personalized license plates and a USC license plate frame driven by a blonde on a cellphone. Pimp wheels add to that, but they are not usually seen with the USC license plate frame.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Is that a federal or state law?
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
quote:
A ruling was made by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regarding cell phone use by commercial truckers. Those who operate commercial trucks and buses will no longer be permitted to use any hand-held cell phones while navigating their vehicles on the nation’s roadways.

The new law will take effect January 3, 2012, one month after the official statement and paperwork was passed by the FMCSA. No driver will be allowed to hold a cell phone in their hand while driving with the other, and, if they break the rule, they can face disciplinary actions. Offenses will count as traffic violations and several accrued infractions can lead to a commercial driving license being revoked.

Drivers who violate the restriction will face federal civil penalties of up to $2,750 for each offense and disqualification from operating a commercial motor vehicle for multiple offenses. States will suspend a driver’s commercial driver’s license after two or more serious traffic violations. Commercial truck and bus companies that allow their drivers to use hand-held cell phones while driving will face a maximum penalty of $11,000. This ban follows the September 2010 ban regarding texting while operating a commercial truck or bus.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I am amazed how many truckers still holding that phone even with these fines. I have a first class view right into their cabs and it is talking, texting or the Qualcom (their onboard computer). The four wheelers, they are talking, drinking, putting makeup on, reading books, eating, slapping the kids. I wish people would just DRIVE.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish people would just DRIVE

A big AMEN to that!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
And to that i would add, turn off the radio and cd player and pay attention to what is going on around you.....and that includes behind you!

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post