Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    faucet problems
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

faucet problems
 Login now/Join our community

posted
1977 barth p-30 21'..have leaky kitchen faucet..replaced O rings and still leaks..cant find a replacement locally/or on the internet..any suggestions besides replacing with a new sink/faucet or cutting new holes in sink to accomadate new faucet design..thanks..roy

------------------
"The Hawk"

Posts: 30 | Location: alto pass, Illinois,usa | Member Since: 03-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
Hey Hawkeye...Camping world sells replacements.

------------------

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks i'll check it out! roy

------------------
"The Hawk"

Posts: 30 | Location: alto pass, Illinois,usa | Member Since: 03-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mark..just talked to tech at campers world...didnt have anything i need..my faucet is just a single knob you pull up and turn l/r..on the sink at center it has to holes about 1 in apart for mouting..behind those holes is another hole (half moon shaped) the the two lines feed thru to go under the sink..it has no 4in/8in centers..sink is attached w/ brackets..thanks roy

------------------
"The Hawk"

1st month member
posted Hide Post
Measure the hole spread on your sink. Mine is standard kitchen sink spread. Home Depot or Lowe's would probably be a lot cheaper.

------------------
Eddie Chevalier
'85 Barth Regal 28' P-30 454
'91 Honda Accord/'87 Yamaha YSR 50 Toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry but there is no hole spread...this is not a typical faucet apparently..thanks..roy

------------------
"The Hawk"

Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...It may well be easier and worth replacing it with a home model. Lowes sells a holesaw bit by Lenox which will cut a 1 1/4" hole in stainless steel for about $10. I used one when I installed a soap dispenser in my new sink.

------------------

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
You may want to take the faucet to a 'real' plumbing supply house and show it to them. It is worth a try. My kitchen faucet is in the middle of a rebuild at this moment and it is a 'Moen' single hole faucet with two knobs of at angles to the main support. Very heavy, very nice, and very rebuildable.

------------------

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just replaced my "single hole" designed unit with an American Standard unit I purchased at Home Depot. The hole in my stainless sink was a little bit too small so I enlarged it with a skilsaw. I put down masking tape to mark the cutting area and protect the stainless. It's amazing how much a shiny new faucet lights up the room. I went ahead and replaced our bath unit too and the coach feels 10 years newer. Greenlee makes a great hydraulic hole punch set that can safely make a new hole too. I think you can rent them at most good tool rentals.

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My faucet is the same as Jack's, and it has a peculiar problem. Water sprays from pin holes in the underside of the spout, and the chrome there is ready to peel. Also, the knobs are inconvenient (Mama prefers a single handle).

Any advice on a replacement would be appreciated. I'd like to avoid any modification more than enlarging the present hole in the sink.

hilarlee- What is the model of the American Standard unit you used?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Olroy, after looking at my paperwork I see I installed a Delta unit not an American Standard. It's a single handle pullout signature faucet model 470. Home Depot charges $128.00. Note: When I replaced my bath and kitchen faucets the plastic supply lines were too short to reach the new connections on the new faucets. The plastic coach lines offered "no slack" either. I had to purchase a couple 12" flex lines and nipples to make the connections for each faucet. I don't know why suddenly faucet manufacturers are making the brass hookup stems 3" shorter...I guess everything $ adds up. Larry and Heidi

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roy-

Our 1975 had a single handle Delta Faucet. I can't remember the model number, but it was a little smaller than the new ones (everything gets bigger with age- doesn’t it). I was a Packaging Engineer for Delta for the past 10 years. Go to any of the "big box" stores (home depot, lowes, menards) and find the 1-800 number for Delta on the package. Give them a call. If in fact your faucet is a Delta, I've known them to send a replacement faucet out within a two-day period (or at least the parts needed to fix it- including spouts that have pin holes). Granted it may not look exactly like your 27-year-old faucet-- but Delta is a great company. They stand behind their product.

Gary

Posts: 15 | Location: Greensburg, IN, USA | Member Since: 11-03-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks gary..will give it a try!

Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Anyone interested in a new faucet might want to take a look at eBay. There are almost 3,000 faucets up for auction. I saw several single-hole types using a search for "bar faucet". A simple Google search will bring up several plumbing suppliers where you can find photos and retail prices. The lowest retail price I could find on the American Standard 4223s I just bought was $94.52 plus shipping. I got it on eBay for $36.95 including shipping.

------------------

Bill & Diane
1973 25'
454 CID P-30 Chassis
German Shepard Dog

[This message has been edited by Bill Stevson (edited March 27, 2004).]

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks bill i'll try that too..nice looking coach!! when you have time tell me about the layout..wish mine was a little longer. the nx one will be. thanks again..roy

------------------
"The Hawk"
Celebrating 40 yrs of being a professional musician!!

1977 454 p30 21'