Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    hwh has anybody rebuilt their s
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

hwh has anybody rebuilt their s
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
Our kick downpart of the hwh is leaking not the main cylinder ?.Can anybody tell me the cost of having it rebuilt approx?THey on ebay want $600.00 THAT WOULD BE THE RIGHT REAR HYD
I am hope ping it is only an o RING or something easy but knowing me all ways a problem that is more than just changing an O-ring WHY ME WHY ME WHY ME ALLWAYS WHY ME
LENNY
(DISPAIR)

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Lenny,

You may have read we just purchased our Barth in Georgia. Nick and Rusty graciously went to check it out for us before we traveled from Michigan to see it. They found a "sluggish" HWH leveler that didn't want to retract. The Prior Owner paid $412 for a new unit and had it shipped to our place.

I've got a repair shop that will be doing the swap in the next few days. I'll let you know how much the charges are.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
would like to know .I might take it apart before I send it anyplace.Love being a camping diemaker .all ways take things apart just to see what makes them work.maybe this would be a bad o-ring.I will not know till it falls apart during disassembly
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Lenny, I contacted my tech guy at HWH. The kick-down cylinder can be rebuilt by them or they can sell you a replacement. If you have a "real" hydraulic repair shop near you, I am sure they can do it too. We have a guy about 10 miles from here that has rebuilt everything we have thrown at him. The first step would be to remove the leaking cylinder, then send it to HWH or me.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.