Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Wired for AC??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Wired for AC??
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I have a 28 foot Regal with a single AC in the living room. I am thinking about having an additional AC installed in the center bedroom area. We really don't need the cooling that much but it gets so hot and humid up here.

I know have a fan/light there, does anyone have any quess about whether there is 120 wired to that area. I would say about 75% of Regals I have seen have two AC's so I am hoping that the 120 is already there.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 03, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dave, do you have a 30 or 50 amp cord?Usually a 30 amp RV is not wired for a rear air conditioner, but Barths are often different. How big is your genset?

If you want to check for wires, Fluke makes a little LED pocket flashlight that is also an AC voltage detector. It flashes red when it is near a LIVE AC line. It will detect a live AC line through a lath-and-plaster wall.
Heck, it is worth the tenty dollars just to have such a neat pocket flashlight.

Is there a breaker for a second air conditioner?

Now, here's another possibility-------you could have wiring up there that is not connected to the circuit breaker panel. If you see a wire or two at the panel that is not connected to it, you could get lucky and find that one of them is for a rear air conditioner.

Dave, are you really sure you need a second air conditioner? I had a 28 foot fifth wheel that was cooled quite adequately by a single dometic air conditioner, except for 120 degree days in the desert. Same for my previous 27 foot MH. is your present unit cooling well and blowing well?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill,

I have 50 Amp. And you are correct, I suspect I could handle 90 deg CA temps, but it gets so humid back here. We were down in Wisconsin last year when it was 90 deg and high humidity. The AC put out really cold air but just couldn't remove the humidity fast enough.

I will check the breaker. I didn't think of that.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post