Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    OK, power seats are installed! See the way I did it!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

OK, power seats are installed! See the way I did it!
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
There have been some discussions in times past about putting lap/shoulder belts in 'lap belt only' Barths.

Well, I did it. Have a link to my imagestation album showing the process.

Only took me two years to start it, two days to complete it. Procrastination is always a problem with me, never performance! LOL.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2107394320

Dave, if you want to, you have my permission to save these to a better server or put them on your site if you think they would benefit anyone.

The photos are captioned, hopefully they are self explanatory.

Thanks for all your support. Hope this helps others!

Better an ugly Barth, than
a pretty Winnebago.

1987 Barth P-30 with 454
Former Hospital Board Room converted to coach by Barth in 1995.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, Sir!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Nice job! The idea of an adjustable seat is making me reconsider just adding a shoulder strap to mine.

Have you considered any reinforcement where the pedestal mounts to the floor?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Looks like a SUPER job. I'm jealous......

"THE TOY" 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Yes steatbelts work. I know. The Bonneville got hit in the rear pass side today by a F-150 Ford , I was spinning like a top. The good news nobody hurt. JKB Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLOOP JOHN B:
Yes steatbelts work. I know. The Bonneville got hit in the rear pass side today by a F-150 Ford , I was spinning like a top. The good news nobody hurt. JKB Smiler

Oh Dang! Glad you're OK. It wasn't a classic Bonneville, was it?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill:

Yes, I have considered that. Since I might change out the pedestals for a shorter one ( I am going to measure the pedestals in my conversion van) I am going to carefully explore how they are bolted up underneath. My recollection is they are bolted into some pretty substantial square tube steel spaceframe, that covers the engine compartment.

I'll let you know.

Better an ugly Barth, than
a pretty Winnebago.

1987 Barth P-30 with 454
Former Hospital Board Room converted to coach by Barth in 1995.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post